View Full Version : cannot get mail after set encryption on the Router.

Stormswift
12-02-2003, 04:50 AM
I just finished setting up encryption on my router (Belkin) and set corresponding setting on IPAQ Next thing i know - I can't get e-mail. All was working before. Any suggestions? I have IPAQ 3660 and D-link wi-fi CF card. The pocket PC is running 2002 OS
:evil:

Sven Johannsen
12-02-2003, 06:43 AM
Most probably the keys aren't the same. You'll probably find your iPAQ isn't picking up a valid IP either and you can't ping. If I'm off base and everything works fine, except mail, forgive me.

A 128 bit encryption key in HEX characters is 26 characters long. Most Key windows don't show them all. If you are using a passphrase or keyphrase where you enter legible text and the key is generated from that, I'd be wary using it if the AP and Network card aren't from the same manufacturer.

I've found the best way to get the key transferred accurately is to copy the one from the AP to an Outlook Notefile, sync, and copy and paste it into the PPCs key field. If you have one of the remote control programs like Pocket Controller you can copy from the PC and paste directly to the PPC. Almost foolproof.

Stormswift
12-02-2003, 02:13 PM
you were right. I got it to work last night exactly that way. Thsnk you for the reply

Sven Johannsen
12-03-2003, 05:32 AM
Cool. Thanks for closing the loop. Nice to know that i guess one right now and again. :mrgreen: