View Full Version : Anyway to view tasks and appointments on XP desktop?

binstpa
12-02-2003, 03:24 AM
I have gotten to depend on looking at my ppc and seeing my tasks and appointments on my today screen. Does anyone know if there is a program (preferrably free) that allows you to put your outlook tasks and appointments right on your desktop in Windows XP? I have been looking but haven't found anything really good.

jkendrick
12-02-2003, 06:40 AM
Desktop sidebar. You can see new email, news, weather too. Found it on betawin.com.

Don Tolson
12-03-2003, 12:26 AM
Desktop sidebar. You can see new email, news, weather too. Found it on betawin.com.

OK... when I go to www.betawin.com, I get a screen full of cyrillic characters... Am I missing something?

JTWise
12-03-2003, 01:12 AM
Per a quick search on :google:, looks like the url is www.desktopsidebar.com . I just downloaded and tried it out. Pretty nice application. But man, what a memory hog!! Using the built in memory monitor I tried to debug why my machine with 256MB of RAM had 90% of its resources used. Then I realized that the Desktop Sidebar program was using 60MB of RAM !!!! This is a nice little app, but that just seems like a hefty price to pay for the features.

Any of you regular sidebar users have any tips?

ctmagnus
12-03-2003, 05:31 AM
I had the same issues as drt and JTWise regarding finding the site. But regarding the memory issue, a little tweaking (specifically, ditching bars I don't want/need) got it down to 22MB of RAM usage.