View Full Version : pdabuyersguide Reviews Toshiba e405

Jason Dunn
12-02-2003, 12:00 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.pdabuyersguide.com/toshiba_e405.htm' target='_blank'>http://www.pdabuyersguide.com/toshiba_e405.htm</a><br /><br /></div>"Toshiba's latest Pocket PCs, the e405 and e805 are excellent offerings ready in time for holiday shopping season. Though they've been making Pocket PCs for a few years, their unrounded silver rectangular units lacked style. And while the e755 was a very solid unit offering a great deal of features for the price, problems with its predecessor, the e740 left some buyers wary. The e300 series had SDIO slots that were not compatible with SD WiFi cards, leaving some network-hungry buyers unhappy.<br /><br />I'm happy to say that Toshiba is firing on all cylinders with these new units. The e405 has style, a market differentiating midnight metallic blue casing and an SDIO slot that supports SDIO as well as BSquare's SDIO Now! standard, making for a great partnership with both SanDisk's and Socket's SD WiFi cards. The e405 also comes with Toshiba's own voice command and text to speech applications, making it the only current Pocket PC to have these features out of the box. The e405 is their entry level model offering a good processor, ample RAM and an SD slot. The e805 is the new high end model, offering more horsepower, CF and SD slots, plenty of RAM and a VGA-capable display."

arnage2
12-02-2003, 12:04 AM
i had an e405 for afew days. It didnt support multiple button presses so i took it back and got a e755. The e755 screen leaked and the unit crashed 4 times. (for no reason)

Wasp
12-02-2003, 06:49 PM
I am nervous about buying a Toshiba. On paper, they are great. But their poor record on system upgrades leaves me cold. At present I am more willing to buy a pocket PC that may not have as many bells and whistles but will allow me to upgrade to 2004. 8)

frankmcneil
12-02-2003, 08:41 PM
Gee, I believe for some like me, the e805 is the only PDA available now (in the U.S.) because it's the only one available with dual memory slots and Nand Memory that has 128mg memory.
:) I've had the e805 for at least a couple weeks and was very suprised to find it very ergonomically designed (much better than the e755). My only problem has been that I haven't been able to use it as a TV remote yet. Frank

frankmcneil
12-06-2003, 01:55 AM
Gee, I believe for some like me, the e805 is the only PDA available now (in the U.S.) because it's the only one available with dual memory slots and Nand Memory that has 128mg memory.
:) I've had the e805 for at least a couple weeks and was very suprised to find it very ergonomically designed (much better than the e755). My only problem has been that I haven't been able to use it as a TV remote yet. Frank

Wrong!!! It's broke. :cry: The screen alignment doesn't even work after I did a cold reboot (to see why the screen input wasn't responding properly). It's back to e755 which I have droped more than once--but it still works. (I didn't drop the Beautiful lemon e805). I have no idea how to get a replacement (I bought it from Compusa). Maybe it's like the first IPAQs (but mine lasted 6 months). Or maybe the people that trash-talk Toshiba-Pda's are right. (To bad the e805 seems to be very thoughtfully designed).
Model No. PD8000u-000002R, Serial? Y3016042L