View Full Version : Ipaq or wallet?

rzanology
12-01-2003, 02:48 PM
I was just talking to a friend about how important my ipaq was too me. I was telling him that i'd rather lose my wallet than my ipaq...anyone else feels this way?

PR.
12-01-2003, 03:12 PM
I said I'd rather lose my iPAQ because if I did I would still have a recent backup and the insurance money would allow me to replace the lost 5450 with a 5550 :D

Whereas if I lost my wallet I would lose some money and I would have to phone around and get the cards cancelled!

Candygogo
12-01-2003, 03:44 PM
No contest, I'd rather lose my pda than my wallet. Sure, I'd cry if my Toshiba was stolen from me/lost/broken, but my WALLET???!!! I'd be inconsolable. Like PR mentioned, the cancelling of cards, would be a hassle.

Besides, I always (knock on wood) have a spare pda until I can get a new one! :wink:

dannyoneill
12-01-2003, 04:34 PM
wallet. you can cancel cards and i dont have any money anyway :)

ipaq costs to much. besides, Worms. Cant play worms no more

nothing in my wallet thats not replacable.

Janak Parekh
12-01-2003, 04:51 PM
This is a great question :D

I'd have to go with wallet; although I'd hate to lose it as well, my Pocket PC is rather expensive and has lots of critical information. It's also my cell phone.

--janak

dannyoneill
12-01-2003, 04:57 PM
That was somthing I was thinking about. Ipaq or cell phone? I would say ipaq then.

Cell is a necessity in this life for me. while replacable it would cost a fortune. but insurance it usefull.

smileyguy
12-01-2003, 05:03 PM
I had my wallet stolen out of my car in August of this year. :iamwithstupid: (I forgot to lock my car) Even after all the hoops I had to jump through to get new credit cards and such, I would still rather lose my wallet again. It took maybe three hours to get everything back in order for that, but my Pocket PC has taken me 3 years to get "my way."

JustinGTP
12-01-2003, 05:26 PM
...my Pocket PC has taken me 3 years to get "my way."

That is so true, that why I would rather loose my wallet. I have learned from past experiences not to keep a lot of money, but things can be cancelled and replaced by banks and credit companies for a lot less than my iPaq with SD card and CF memory and countless vital information and programs, like Pocket Artist and the other programs that cost $50+

-Justin.

rzanology
12-01-2003, 05:33 PM
If i lose my wallet, all the numbers i need to call are in my ipaq...if i lose my ipaq, who do i call? It saddens me to even think about it....next topic please :)

PoweriPaq
12-01-2003, 06:07 PM
My wallet. I only have 4 CC's in there, 2 Amex, Sony Card, and my ATM. Plus a Chevron card, but that's maxed out every end of month.

Numbers to call credit cards is in my iPaq. If I loose both, then, I don't know who to call. Go back to my billing statements and look it up.

But I carry my iPaq everywhere, so if someone wants to rob me, I'm SOL, because they want all, even my watch. I don't think you get a choice when getting robbed. :cry: