View Full Version : iPAQ 3600 upgrade to PPC 2002 availability

Hugh Nano
12-01-2003, 06:54 AM
Anyone know of a way I could obtain an upgrade to PPC 2002 CD? I went to hp.com, and they don't seem to be selling them anymore. I held off buying one earlier based on the negative reviews I saw, but now I can't use the latest version of Micro$oft Money with my old iPAQ 3650. But now that I'm finally thinking I might want to buy the upgrade CD, I can't seem to find it for sale any more. Am I just out of luck?

Chris Spera
12-01-2003, 07:04 AM
eBay is the place for you, dude!

You should be able to pick up one for about $5-$10 bucks.

Kind Regards,

Christopher Spera

qmrq
12-01-2003, 09:39 AM
I have one. PM me if interested.

DualShock
12-01-2003, 05:08 PM
eBay is the place for you, dude!

You should be able to pick up one for about $5-$10 bucks.

Um, I'm not so sure about that. That CD seems to be a hot commodity these days. I sold mine on eBay about 2 months ago for $50. 8O Considering I paid $30 (plus shipping) 2 years ago, I made a fairly nice profit off of it. :D

Hugh Nano
12-12-2003, 07:33 PM
Well, I did as was suggested and obtained an upgrade CD off eBay and began upgrading... And the worst happened (as seems to be usual with me)! My laptop froze during the upgrade process, just as the new ROM was being copied to my iPAQ. There was no way to recover from the crash that I could think of, and a soft- and then a hard-reset revealed that it was too late for my iPAQ. It is now dead, dead, dead. :cry: The much-feared brick/fancy paper-weight that I had always feared and that, up till now, had convinced me not to upgrade.

Is there any way to recover from such a disaster? I know there were some suggested solutions posted when upgrading to Pocket PC 2002 was a hot topic two years ago, but they are fairly hard to find now. So far I've tried Compaq's Recover from an unauthorized ROM upgrade fix (not that mine was unauthorized) without success, and have looked at myITforum.com's The iPAQ and the Parrot (http://www.myitforum.com/articles/9/view.asp?id=4710) article, but have been unable to locate either a "friend's ROM" or a question mark on the parrot screen. A backup copy of my original ROM was successfully created during the upgrade process, but I don't imagine it's of any use now that my iPAQ's ROM is trashed and I can't even connect through ActiveSync.

Any suggestions?

qmrq
12-13-2003, 09:23 AM
Contact Compaq research. They repair bricked iPAQs for free. At least if you were trying to install Familiar. Not sure if they'll help you in this case or not.

rlaustin
08-18-2006, 01:48 AM
I have one. PM me if interested.

I know this post is old but I'm interested in an upgrade CD, Do you still have one?

[email protected]