View Full Version : Problem with Sandisk SDIO WiFi and 2215

phantompower
11-30-2003, 05:07 AM
OK...I am at a loss...

...I am the proud new owner of a 2215 as of about 3 days ago and today, my SDIO card arrived to give me wireless access.

I have seen multiple threads of people having success with simply following the instructions and having Internet access in about 30 seconds.

I am far from that outcome...

Upon my initial installation of the card, I was (and still am) taunted by a steadily blinking green light on my Sandisk WiFi card that will not connect to my wireless network.

I have removed and installed both the included drivers (dated June 03) and the updated drivers found on Sandisk's website (dated Sep 03) and am no where.

I have followed the instructions to the T and am desparate for some help.

My wireless router is a D-Link 614+. And again, my PDA is an IPaq 2215 with a Viking 256 CF and the Sandisk SDIO card.

Any help would be much appreciated.

To give a quick update on what is exactly happening, after what appears to be a successful installation, I soft-reset my 2215, insert the card, and see the blinking light. On the wireless settings page, the status simply says "associating" and that's it. My wireless network shows as "available" and sometimes actually shows "connected" but never maintains the connections.

Here are some more facts:

1. I have eliminated the distance factor by standing directly next to the WAP when configuring and the same happens. (besides, I am using a wireless laptop to post this message - so wireless is working)

2. I have tried to disable the power saving to no avail. It has no effect on my connection

3. The IPaq battery is fully charged (and have tried in with the plug in)

4. I am using ActiveSync 3.7.1

5. My WAP is wide open - no WEP, filtering, etc. SSID is openly advertised (and seen by the IPaq)

6. I reluctantly performed a hard reset as well, as a last-ditch effort - only installing the SDIO card after the hard reset - no luck.

Any help from you all would be much appreciated. I am even open to suggestions on which manufacturer I should follow up with for help beyond this forum - in other words, is the problem the SDIO card or the 2215. Both of the components are brand new and I would like to know where I should go to get an exchange if necessary.

Thanks for all of the help.

Chuck

florin20032003
11-30-2003, 08:11 AM
The D-Link 614+ has a '4x mode'! When enabled I had the same problems as you did. So, I disabled it and now it works!

Hope it helps!
Adrian

phantompower
11-30-2003, 03:01 PM
Hi Adrian,

You are absolutely right. I will try to disable that and see how it goes. I will post my results.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Chuck

florin20032003
11-30-2003, 07:44 PM
You're welcome!

:wink: