View Full Version : HP 1940 - Transcriber Problem

rbdude
11-29-2003, 04:28 AM
I've had my HP 1940 for a few months now, but for some reason, when I use the Transcriber feature, it doesn't seem to recognize anything I write anymore. I tried writing in cursive and really clearly, but it still seems off. It seems to think everything I write is a question mark.

Any ideas what is going on? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Janak Parekh
11-29-2003, 05:05 AM
On the Transcriber toolbar, the first two buttons are an angle-control button and a lowercase/uppercase/numbers specifier button. Make sure the angle button (which looks like an arrow) is straight up and the other button is set to lowercase characters (i.e. a instead of A or 1).

--janak

tdrake
11-29-2003, 11:07 PM
What about writing? when i write more than 2 words at a time (like 4 to 5) it gets everything wrong after the first 2 --

Where do i need the setting to be on the quality vs. recognition scale to make it recognize my handwriting faster?

I have it in the middle now - but should it be more towards quality.

Dave Beauvais
11-29-2003, 11:11 PM
A few months ago, I put together a little article about tweaking Transcriber to help improve its recognition abilities and tailor it to your writing style. You can read it here (http://www.beauvais1.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=10) at my Web site.

tdrake
11-30-2003, 12:08 AM
Thanks - I think that will make a difference -- i was wondering why it was not set at 100% quality.

Drake