View Full Version : Geek Time - How many Star Trek ornaments do you have

Ed Hansberry
11-29-2003, 03:43 AM
Ok, how many Hallmark Star Trek ornaments do you have? I've got all of the electronic ones since 1991, which is when they started. Yes, that is the rare NCC-1701. "No bloody A, B, C, or D." :D Ohh... I see the "E" is also rare on ebay, going for $40. I have two of those for some reason...

I have most of the characters, but not all.

8 are on the tree this year. I've retired the original NCC-1701, the Galileo shuttle craft, NCC-1701D, the Klingon Bird of Prey, and this year the Borg Cube didn't make it on the tree, but it'll be back next year. Time to retire some of the Voyager stuff. They all still work though. :D

Oh, the NX-01 and DS-9 metal displays are out too.

I also have all of the Star Wars electric ornaments and most of the figures, but I just don't get as excited about those for some reason. Oddly enough, my wife doesn't get excited about any of them. Go figure. :lol:

dean_shan
11-29-2003, 04:17 AM
No Star Trek ones (althought I love Star Trek). But I do have a Darth Vader and Slave I ornaments.

Ed Hansberry
11-29-2003, 04:29 AM
No Star Trek ones (althought I love Star Trek). But I do have a Darth Vader and Slave I ornaments.
Slave I? How did I miss that one? 8O

Oh, not electric. Whew. I didn't realize there were any ships that weren't electronic. I may have to pick that one up from ebay.

DustyLBottoms
11-29-2003, 04:41 AM
Ed!!!

I got all the star trek ones as well!!!

I didn't know anyone else had actually bought them :wink:

karen
11-29-2003, 06:49 AM
...only one star trek ornament, but I have years of Star Trek figurines, from several countries, all in their original packaging....and several sets of the Star Trek Ken and Barbies....

Does that count?

Dave Beauvais
11-29-2003, 06:53 AM
I am offended by your use of the word "slave" in that statement. Please change it to something less hateful. ;)

Back on topic, I have all the ships but the original Enterprise. I think Enterprise E and Enterprise NX-01 are my favorites, even though the latter is not electronic. I have only the Picard figure ornaments, but it never get hung because I think it looks kinda dumb. :)

Fishie
11-29-2003, 06:58 AM
NONE WHATSOEVER THANK YOU.

ironguy
11-29-2003, 06:11 PM
I missed the first year, but have them rest starting with the Gallileo shuttle that talks.

Our favorites are still the homemade variety though. Like the picture with spray painted gold macaroni (elbow) around it! It's bent and the paint is flaking, but is dear to us.

Of course I always make sure the Star Trek ornaments are placed strategically!

GoldKey
11-29-2003, 06:47 PM
I have all of the Star Trek as well as all of the Star Wars Hallmarks. Of course, I don't take them out of the boxes. The are all displayed in my Sci-Fi Room/Office.

Ed Hansberry
11-30-2003, 02:14 AM
Just got Slave 1 for less than $16 on ebay. :way to go: My wife will be so proud. ;)

Video11
11-30-2003, 02:42 AM
We have all of the Hallmark Star Trek Starship ornaments starting with the original Enterprise NCC-1701 from 1990 or 1991. I get them every year for Christmas, sometimes two.

Galileo Shuttlcraft (with Spock Voice), Romulan Warbird, Klingon Bird of Prey, Borg Cube, various Enterprises (Enterprii?), Voyager, DS9 Runabout, DS9 Defiant (with Worf Voice) and I forget what else. They all get put onto their own small (3 foot) Christmas tree, known, somewhat unimaginatively, as the Star Trek Tree. And my wife enjoys them, as long as they stay on their own small tree, and not her full size tree. :wink:

Don't collect the figure ornaments though, we'd need a full size tree just for Star Trek. :roll:

BTW, is there a new Star Trek Starship ornament this year?

GoldKey
11-30-2003, 02:48 AM

The ship this year was the small Scorpion ship from Nemesis.

http://www.hallmark.com/hmk/Website/Shopping/sh_prod_sub.jsp?oid=-104000&BV_SessionID=@@@@1289796132.1070156863@@@@&BV_EngineID=eadcjcckkdejbedcfchcgk.0&CONTENT_KEY=&CONTENT_TYPE=-1&fromPage=%2fWebsite%2fISE%2ftp_section.jsp%3fCONTENT_KEY%3dKEEPSAKE_SHOP_2003%26CONTENT_TYPE%3dTOP_PAGE&sid=KSHOP_LN25

Ed Hansberry
11-30-2003, 02:49 AM
Yeah, kind of a let down this year. It is a Scorpion with Picard and Data in it - http://www.annshallmark.com/startrek.php

Very nice details and the control panel lights up, but this will be one that I retire after only one year. Unless you saw Nemesis, you'd have no clue what it was. I'd rather have an Enterprise B and C.

Video11
11-30-2003, 03:08 AM
Ewww. Yeah that is kinda...well...umm...disappointing? Cough ugly cough.

I was kind of hoping for an Enterprise NX-01 that lit up to hang on the tree. Oh well. Enterprise B would be nice too.

David Prahl
11-30-2003, 07:32 PM
I am offended by your use of the word "slave" in that statement. Please change it to something less hateful. ;)

:rotfl:

If you haven't been keeping up here in the OT forum, we're talking about this thread:http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21239