View Full Version : Using GPRS and Wireless LAN on an e800

asapsford
11-28-2003, 12:53 AM
I've got the Toshiba e800 PDA with Wireless LAN and have bought the Bluetooth SD Card 2. The problem I have with PPC2003 is that damn connections settings page.

I want to do the following:

If Wireless LAN network is available, then hook onto it and use it for email/web/activesync. Otherwise dial-up to GPRS connection if WLAN not available. At the moment I have to go into the network settings and change the settings from Work connection (i.e Wireless LAN) to My GPRS Settings.

Any way of getting round this problem, or is PPC2003 not intelligent enough?

Alexei

Ed Hansberry
11-28-2003, 02:14 AM
Why are you using WORK for email and web access. And where do you have your GPRS settings?

My 2215 always tries the BT/GPRS connection if the WiFi card isn't in or there is no signal, but I have my NIC set for INTERNET *unless* I need to remote AS (stupid Connection Manager limitation) and my GPRS settings to my Nokie 3650 are in the INTERNET section.

asapsford
12-01-2003, 10:58 PM
Why are you using WORK for email and web access. And where do you have your GPRS settings?

When I'm in the office I use my pocket pc to pick up external email and browse the web in boring meetings :)

I don't really need to remote Activesync TBH so I'll take your instruction and just run off the INTERNET section.

Thanks,

fmcpherson
12-01-2003, 11:59 PM
FWIW.. the iPAQ 2210 and 4155 have something called Bluetooth settings configured in Connection Manager. Internet and Work Connections are both set to Bluetooth Settings. The result on my 4155 is that it always uses Bluetooth to connect to the Internet or Work networks unless WiFI is on, in which case WiFI appears to override Bluetooth.