View Full Version : Belkin

Stormswift
11-27-2003, 03:08 PM
anyone has experience with Belkin routers and the rest of the gear? I have IPAQ 3660 with 2002 OS and would like to set up a wireless network at home as cheaply and as functionaly as possible.

Any suggestions on the stuff I will need? I have one PC only (the other box is dying a slow torturous death and no longer wants to network) :?:

DustyLBottoms
11-27-2003, 06:37 PM
Don't waste your money on anything less than Linksys.....that's my professional opinion.... :wink:

Stormswift
11-30-2003, 04:24 AM
I am unfortunately on a budget and Belking was the cheapest I could get. The router is working well....with 2 boxes WIRED to it.

I could not get one of the computers to connect wirelessly to the internet after I installed an intrernal wifi adapter. The signal was so low nothing was happening.
With wired setup both boxes see each other. The dying one perked up all of suddend and decided there really was an IPAQ connected to it (after 2 years) and it actually sees the other box. All is great but I want to connect to Internet via IPAQ wirelessly. Do I still need to get an wifi adapter for one of the obxes or can I get a wi-fi CF card and it will connect via the router without the adapter?
For the desktops wired setup is fine - they are not going anywhere but IPAQ.... :?:

DustyLBottoms
11-30-2003, 05:00 AM
ok, lemme get this straight.

The wired PCs are fine....they see each other on the network.

But you're having issues with the Ipaq? You need a wireless adapter for the Ipaq regardless of what you do with the desktop systems. the Ipaq's adapter is going to talk straight to the router.....nothing else needed.

Stormswift
11-30-2003, 05:06 AM
By "IPAQ adapter" do you mean a wifi-CF card (I have a CF sleave)?