View Full Version : XDA II, MDA II or Imate - issue of apps being shut down

Iznot Gold
11-26-2003, 10:59 PM
Hi, I was really impressed when I had a recent play with the XDA II but now notice the issue of apps being automatically shut down. As I understand it this occurs only when multiple apps are running. I'm not a 'power user' and may not be affected by this problem. Is there anyone who could check out the following scenario (which is the most intense situation that I can envisage): -

With standard apps running can you attach keyboard, open word doc and simultaneously check calendar/contacts with third party PIM (AF) whilst Battery Pack is also running without things shutting down?

If anyone can help with this querry....it would assist me greatly.

Thanks in anticipation
David

AppleMac
11-27-2003, 06:22 AM
http://www.ppcw.net/index.php?itemid=1645
That's why apps get shut down, the XDA II only has 6 more slots for apps. For what you want to do it should just about hold out (Keyboard+Word+Calendar+Battery Pack+Another process because there's bound to be one=only 5 slots used)
The way to open up even more slots is simply to remove IA Caller ID. Check the Tekguru.co.uk forums for how to do this. Caller ID takes up multiple slots and I personally think it's more of a gimmick than a useful feature.

Steven Cedrone
11-27-2003, 06:32 AM
Give this thread (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21182&highlight=) a read...

Steve

Iznot Gold
11-27-2003, 09:32 AM
Thanks.....it was reading these threads that prompted the question.
David

Steven Cedrone
11-27-2003, 03:31 PM
Thanks.....it was reading these threads that prompted the question.
David

Ahhh....

Never mind then... :wink:

Steve

Kadegboye
11-28-2003, 06:00 AM
Hi,
Thanks guys. I find this topic to be very interesting and useful as I am expecting my XDA II in a few days time. I now know what to expect and how to deal with it in case I happen to open many apps at the same time which is unlikely anyway.
Kay.