View Full Version : psssst! Top secret: Agenda Fusion 5.3 seems to be already downloadable...

Rex
11-26-2003, 07:03 PM
:!: :!: :!:

I just found this link:
http://www.developerone.com/files/devoneagendafusion_ppc_en_v53.exe

It is still not official and I donīt know if this is stil la beta. But installation works and it reads 5.3. Make sure you reinstall the official version in a few days as I cannot gurantee thast this one is bug free

Great application - Tons of new features.

i just love this app (and no, I dont work for them, I am just happy to play with the new 5.3 version :D )

Rex
11-26-2003, 07:51 PM
...and it does work 8)

drop
11-26-2003, 08:19 PM
Cool! :clap:

Thanks.

Godsongz
11-26-2003, 08:19 PM
Is there a list of what is changed in the new version? The agenda view seems a little cleaner, but what else?

petvas
11-26-2003, 08:41 PM
http://www.developerone.com/agendafusion/update_version530.htm

The new version is a major improvement and well worth a try...

Don Tolson
11-26-2003, 08:58 PM
You need a few more options in your poll -- Like Pocket Day? DateLens?

Jerry Raia
11-27-2003, 01:10 AM
Ok I got 5.3, works great. Has anyone figured out how to get the pictures into the contact info yet. Its mentioned on the features web page but there is no manual yet.

ombu
11-27-2003, 01:21 AM
I've been unable to reach dev1 site for three or four days now, is it me (my browser) or is there somebody else having trouble too?

Regards.

EDITED: Maybe PI install keeps me away from competitors!!! :twisted:

Jerry Raia
11-27-2003, 03:18 AM
I may just have to switch from PI to AF now. 8)

dh
11-27-2003, 03:38 AM
I may just have to switch from PI to AF now. 8)
I wouldn't worry about it. Alex is working hard on PI 5.0 and I'm sure it will the definitive PIM program for the PPC.

Jerry Raia
11-27-2003, 04:42 AM
Then I'll have to have them both I guess. :mrgreen:

Mark R Penn
11-27-2003, 09:14 AM
Apart from the links backup and the contact pictures (which are both GREAT features I agree), all of the new AF features have been in PI for some time.

AF has now got closer to PI in the features stakes (but IMHO still misses the really key ones for it's core purpose, like task priority management and custom views), PI 5 will move the bar higher yet again I'm sure :wink:

Jerry Raia
11-27-2003, 09:18 AM
I still cant figure out how to get the dang pictures in there though. :?

DeveloperOne
11-27-2003, 03:46 PM
Greetings, for more information on using the images with Contacts in Agenda Fusion 5.3, please see:

http://www.developerone.com/agendafusion/faq.htm#item24

The next release will feature an improved user interface for managing your contact images.

Thank you,

John Psuik
Developer One Software
www.developerone.com

andrenb
11-27-2003, 05:58 PM
Itīs a lot faster on startup than PI, but it misses a key feature for my use, the possibility to view how many hour & minutes (the duration) an appointment is in "Agenda View".

And I would like an option to set both start and end-time in an appointment in the same window, not having to set them individually!

Otherwise, the speed is great, and the new features are making me thinking about switching from PI to AF!

GadgetMan
11-27-2003, 07:32 PM
Ok I got 5.3, works great. Has anyone figured out how to get the pictures into the contact info yet. Its mentioned on the features web page but there is no manual yet.

Here is a quote from the official Agenda Fusion FAQ located at http://www.developerone.com/agendafusion/faq.htm:

Q: How can I display the image of my contacts like your screen shots show?
A: For Version 5.3 and later:
On your Pocket PC, create a new folder located under the \My Documents folder (or the equivalent named folder if your Pocket PC is not running an English language operating system).

Name this folder FusionContactPhotos, so you now have \My Documents\FusionContactPhotos.

Copy your contact images to this folder (*.bmp, *.gif and *.jpg supported)

Rename the contact image file(s) after the "File As" name for your contact.
(i.e. Jones, Bob.gif) To determine the "File As" name for your contact, look in the Agenda Fusion contacts listing and display all contacts by File As to see what the name for your image should be.)

The next time you open that contact, you'll see the image displayed in the preview window! We'll be making this process a bit simpler in a follow-on version of Agenda Fusion.

Cheers,

GadgetMan
11-27-2003, 07:33 PM
Greetings, for more information on using the images with Contacts in Agenda Fusion 5.3, please see:

http://www.developerone.com/agendafusion/faq.htm#item24

Darn, John! You beat my post by about 10 seconds :lol:

Cheers,

Janak Parekh
11-27-2003, 07:42 PM
How come none of you submitted this as news? Huh? ;)

I've made a front-pager for it. Let's continue the conversation there.

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=188618

Thanks!

--janak

Ed Hansberry
11-28-2003, 02:19 AM
But Janak, the poll doesn't work if you lock the thread. :D

Janak Parekh
11-28-2003, 07:04 AM
But Janak, the poll doesn't work if you lock the thread. :D
D'oh. :oops: I'll unlock it for now, I guess. Please use the front-page thread for general discussion though.

--janak

Jerry Raia
11-28-2003, 07:57 AM
I must say I am quite impressed with this new AF. It "seems" faster than PI too.

nosmohtac
11-28-2003, 08:07 AM
I installed it, to take a look at the new features. It didn't impress me enough to upgrade from 4.93, but after uninstalling it and reinstalling 4.93, it no longer works at all. I have tried several times, and everything goes fine during the install, but after it is installed it won't open. This is enough to make me switch to PI.

Iznot Gold
11-29-2003, 11:25 PM
Psssst now V5.4 coming soon, according to their website....with even more feature enhancements!
David

petvas
11-29-2003, 11:47 PM
I installed it, to take a look at the new features. It didn't impress me enough to upgrade from 4.93, but after uninstalling it and reinstalling 4.93, it no longer works at all. I have tried several times, and everything goes fine during the install, but after it is installed it won't open. This is enough to make me switch to PI.

Did you try removing all your preferences? If you still have a problem please contact John Psuik [email protected]

nosmohtac
11-30-2003, 01:25 AM

Did you try removing all your preferences? If you still have a problem please contact John Psuik [email protected]

Thanks, I just used my ipaq backup file instead, since I had only installed a couple of programs since my last backup. Back up and running. :D