View Full Version : What's going on with Activesync??

karinatwork
11-26-2003, 06:19 AM
Lately, my pocket pc is not recognized anymore by any of my two computers (Win 2K and XP), unless I disconntect my device (h1910 with PPC2002), soft reset it and then reconnect (=hassel!)

Everything worked so well for months (except for the Guest issue that got fixed with the last release of Active Sync), and now THIS! I didn't really change anything, I swear, no new software, no updates, nothing!!! Ack, why can't the good times stick around...
:bad-words:

Does anyone else have the same problem?
Is this a known issue?
Is there a fix??? :confused totally:

Thanks!

K.

Andy Whiteford
11-26-2003, 10:48 AM
Hey Karin,

Are you running AS 3.71 on your desktop? It has issues that is affecting some users. These appear to be introduced with this version where as 3.7 was more stable.

buckyg
11-26-2003, 04:17 PM
Karin,
Sorry, no advice, but I sympathize with you. I haven't changed anything lately either. ActiveStync crashed this morning saying it had a Divide by Zero error. Had to kill all of the wece* processes, take the PPC out of the cradle, soft reset, reboot the PC, deleted some items to be synced. I did all of this several times before it magically fixed itself.

It's enough to drive you insane, isn't it?

Best regards,
buckyg

David Prahl
11-26-2003, 04:38 PM
This is why I often refer to AS as ActiveStink! :D

Sorry about the problems - I'd suggest you back up everything, re-install AS 3.7, and maybe even hard reset your PPC.

Sigh....remember HotSync?

PatrickD
11-26-2003, 04:58 PM
I had a similar problem almost a year ago. In my case it turned out to be a bug in the version of Resco Picture Viewer that was bundled with Dell Axims. A lot of Axim users had the same problem. I know you aren't using an Axim and may not be using the Resco program, but maybe another program is causing problems when syncing. Do you have any programs that sync with a desktop version?

buckyg
11-26-2003, 05:35 PM
Good suggestion, PatrickD. I did run into something like that in the past with Worldmate. When it tried to sync it, for some reason, AS would think it needed to restart, which did a soft-reset. It looked like my PPC was going nuts. I turned off that sync, problem fixed.

My problem today popped up again since my post. Looked like it flipped out while syncing Favorites. I don't have many, so I deleted them. That worked for a little bit. So then I shut off syncing Favorites, seems to be okay. That is, until the next time AS...