View Full Version : Bluetooth Headset Mini-Review

arebelspy
11-24-2003, 10:34 PM
Actually not really a review, just some initial thoughts after opening the box. ;)

Woohoo! Got my Bluetrek bluetooth headset today.

I got it because it was the cheapest available, only $40 after mail-in rebate (warning: rebate only applicable if you're in the United States), and someone said it worked with the XDA II.

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=90119243&loc=111&sp=1

However I also read many good reviews on it, and many users said they liked it, so I figured I might as well give it a shot.

Review here: http://www.mobileburn.com/review.jsp?Id=112
and here:

I saw a sticker on the front of the box (an extra barcode sticker that looked like it has just been slapped on) that said V1.2. I didn't think anything of it.

Then, when I opened the box, there was a piece of paper with some info on it. It says ATTENTION on the top. It goes on to say

"This is an UPGRADE version with up to 12 hours talk time (12 hours in HV3/9:30 hours in HV2/6 Hours in HV1) and 350 hours standby."

And then it goes on to talk about charging it, etc.

12 HOURS? The Jabra BT200 gets 2-3 hours, and the new BT250 (which isn't even released yet) is rumored to be the exact same as the BT200 but with 8 hours talk time. I don't know what HV 1/2/3 is, but even assuming worst case and it only works in HV1 it still gets twice as much as the BT200. If you average the three times you come up with 9 hours of talk time. That's more than the BT250, at about 1/3 the price! And everywhere online (including their website, etc.) it says "up to 12 hours talk time."

Overview:
- most talktime of any bluetooth headset
- weighs less than 1 ounce
- cheapest of any bluetooth headset
- comes with bluetooth headset itself, a carrying case, a wall charger, and a car charger!

Uhh, I'd say we have a winner here. :D

-arebelspy

neomotion
11-24-2003, 11:22 PM
The Bluetrek headsets are utter crap. I am glad you enjoy it, but try wearing it for 4 hours. The thing is made out of one piece of plastic, is not pleasant to wear and doesn't work with all phones (on some nokia phones, the voicdedail doesn't quite work and sonyericsson phones have trouble with it). We sell the damn thing voor $ 39,- in the store now. Oh, we have the BT250 in stock for 2 weeks now. It has indeed 8 hours of speakingtime. But it feels a whole lot better to wear then the Bluetrek headset.

If you like, be glad. But most of us are better of spending a little more and get a good headset. Wait for the SonyEricsson BT200, lots of speakingtime and a little screen displaying the phonenumber and name of the person calling. Just my 2 cents.

GRD
11-25-2003, 12:19 AM
I cannot rate Bluetrek. But I can say I enjoy my BT200. The BT250 will be nice with more talk time, but the head set is so comfortable, you don't even know it's there. I use it with a non-bluetooth phone and it works great with not problems. :D