View Full Version : How many more ActiveSync threads will we see?

sublime
11-24-2003, 06:04 PM
Who cares. Here's another one:

When my ppc is not connected to the cradle, every once in a while it tells me that it cannot connect to the network. Well, no duh! I then try to close the running programs and find Activesync on the list, even when I never turned it on myself. I try to close it, and the bastard tells me that Activesync isn't responding. Some time later the same thing occurs.

What the blubbery hell is this?!

ux4484
11-24-2003, 07:27 PM
How many more ActiveSync threads will we see?

Rhetorical question?

Jimmy Dodd
11-24-2003, 08:49 PM
Who cares. Here's another one:

When my ppc is not connected to the cradle, every once in a while it tells me that it cannot connect to the network. Well, no duh! I then try to close the running programs and find Activesync on the list, even when I never turned it on myself. I try to close it, and the bastard tells me that Activesync isn't responding. Some time later the same thing occurs.

What the blubbery hell is this?!

I don't know, but you aren't alone. Mine complains about not being able to dial the modem to connect to the internet. It happens so randomly that I haven't been able to figure out what triggers it.

Dave Beauvais
11-24-2003, 08:57 PM
Sublime, it's possible that ActiveSync on the PPC is set to try to sync every few minutes. To check this, start ActiveSync, go to the Tools menu, and select Options. Tap the Mobile Schedule tab and see if either of the options listed are set to "x Minutes" or "x Hours." I have mine set to "Manually." Alternatively, I think unchecking the "Use mobile schedule..." box on the PC tab will also turn off automated syncing.

Janak Parekh
11-24-2003, 11:24 PM
In addition to what Dave says, ActiveSync is not designed to be shut down. Hopefully turning off the server sync scheduling will eliminate your error message.

--janak

ux4484
11-24-2003, 11:34 PM
In addition to what Dave says, ActiveSync is not designed to be shut down. Hopefully turning off the server sync scheduling will eliminate your error message.

--janak

heh......yea....that's why everyone has Activesync Toggle (http://micrologics.co.uk/library/ast/) on their desktop right?

While I've had AS working good for a while now (knock on wood), AS Toggle was the only thing that kept me limping along until all my AS bugs were worked out (The main reason I'm loath to upgrade to WM 2003 OR 3.7.1 AS).

peppzilla
11-25-2003, 10:16 PM
Sublime, it's possible that ActiveSync on the PPC is set to try to sync every few minutes. To check this, start ActiveSync, go to the Tools menu, and select Options. Tap the Mobile Schedule tab and see if either of the options listed are set to "x Minutes" or "x Hours." I have mine set to "Manually." Alternatively, I think unchecking the "Use mobile schedule..." box on the PC tab will also turn off automated syncing.

I have always had mine set to manual, but every once in a while it does exactly what sublime says. It seems to be random, and it doesn't do it very often. I have no problems shutting it down, though. Strange.