View Full Version : Can't Open E-Mails On Web Outlook On My 5555

chix
11-24-2003, 04:45 PM
Hi folks,

I can't open any e-mails on my corporate Web Outlook. I can see what is in there after entering passwords, but when I tap to open, it will not open.

I even went as far as contacting HP support and the tech also went in and could not open an e-mail.

They put in a trouble ticket but have yet to respond.

Suggestions? I can open up e-mails on AOL, etc. just fine.

Janak Parekh
11-24-2003, 11:11 PM
I'm not sure PIE can handle OWA (Outlook Web Access), at least the 5.5/2000 versions. I believe 2003 fixes this, but I may be wrong; I don't use OWA with my Pocket PC.

Can you use IMAP in your organization? In that case, the Inbox applet would be perfect, and a lot more convenient.

--janak

chix
11-24-2003, 11:19 PM
I'm not sure PIE can handle OWA (Outlook Web Access), at least the 5.5/2000 versions. I believe 2003 fixes this, but I may be wrong; I don't use OWA with my Pocket PC.

Can you use IMAP in your organization? In that case, the Inbox applet would be perfect, and a lot more convenient.

--janak

Thanks. What is PIE & IMAP? I am a newbie!

Janak Parekh
11-24-2003, 11:32 PM
Thanks. What is PIE & IMAP? I am a newbie!
PIE == Pocket Internet Explorer.

IMAP (Internet Mail Access Protocol) is a lightweight mail access protocol, like POP3, but it leaves the email server-side, so that you can still access it from your desktop Exchange client (e.g., Outlook). It has to be enabled by the system administrator before it can be used. Inbox supports IMAP and POP3 natively.

--janak

jbtaylor
11-25-2003, 08:01 PM
I can't speak about the 5555, I have a 2215 but I can open Outlook WebMail on mine. So it is possible with with PIE. I also used to do it on a Toshiba :evil: e740 before their support ran me back to iPaq.

Wiggin
11-25-2003, 08:21 PM
I can't speak about the 5555, I have a 2215 but I can open Outlook WebMail on mine. So it is possible with with PIE.

Echo this for a 4150 device, which I can use to open Web Outlook items.
:way to go:

...and, welcome back to the iPaq family jb... of course, one must ask, what were you THINKING when you jumped ship in the first place??!! :D

chix
11-25-2003, 11:14 PM
Thanks everyone. So it sounds as though since even HP techs duplicated the issue and you can view emails, it's my employer I need to ask about why, correct?

How should I word the questions?

that_kid
11-26-2003, 01:26 AM
I would ask the IT dept what version of exchange their running. 5.5 seems to be the problem child for pie, I used exchange 2000 without any problems.

buckyg
11-26-2003, 05:26 PM
I can open emails via Web Outlook on my 5555. We're currently running Exchange 2000. There was a time in the past where I could not. That was on PPC2002 but I am not sure what version of Web Outlook our company was using at the time. I do believe I accessed it while we were using Exchange 5.5, but I do not recall for sure.

I'm not sure what to tell you. Our corporate email folks have put on some new releases of Web Outlook in the last year or so. I don't know if that has anything to do with it?