View Full Version : For those of you who schedule backups

sublime
11-24-2003, 06:24 AM
Does that mean you keep your ppc on all night? Is that bad for it? I wanted to set up my backups to run while I sleep, but I worried that keeping it on all the time might be bad for my unit. Do I have any cause for worry?

tanalasta
11-24-2003, 07:01 AM
Does that mean you keep your ppc on all night? Is that bad for it? I wanted to set up my backups to run while I sleep, but I worried that keeping it on all the time might be bad for my unit. Do I have any cause for worry?

Well actually, i don't usually schedule backups because i prefer to do so manually. However, i think pocketbackup turns itself on... backs itself up and then once your automatic timer finishes running, it shuts itself back off. Then again, if you don't backup your CF/SD card, backups almost never take more than 5 minutes so you don't neccesarily have to do it when you're sleeping. Just make sure your pwer settings doesn't turn your device off in the middle of a backup or you screw the file up. Or do you mean leaving it plugged into your desktop whilst it's on?

piperpilot
11-24-2003, 01:50 PM
I do scheduled backups with Pocket Backup every night when I'm sleeping. The device is off when I go to bed and it's off when I wake up in the morning, yet the backup has been performed, so I don't think it's a problem. Of course, to be on the safe side, you could charge it at night with the AC adapter so there is no risk whatsoever that you'll drain the battery.