View Full Version : just got my e-755 ? any good tips?

dragon20
11-22-2003, 03:38 AM
hay guys just bought my e-755 awsom thing its actually charginag at the moment i just wanted to ask you guys any tips in installing things etc?

taking care of it? any essential programs you guys reconmend i should be installing and just yea?

iam very excited haha =)

so yea any advice you guys can offer would be great =)

iam sure i will figure this out but how do i actually install programs onto it? thanks

Falstaff
11-22-2003, 05:27 AM
Congrats, I've had mine for a month now and I love it. Programs you should get, I'd reccommend PocketMusic, and if you don't mind paying $12, going for the registered version, but you can still play music and everything without paying. Also, I would reccommend Battery Pack 2004, it is a great app for monitoring battery power and Flash ROM, RAM, SD, and CF storage space. It also has a task switcher and a great today screen application launcher. If you use AIM on your PC, I'd download AIM for PPC, you have to get it off of tbe British site to get it for free though, www.aol.co.uk. You should probably get Pocket MVP if you want to watch DivX movies (that's free). As for games, I have the basics Dope Wars, Pong, and minesweeper. But I bought 2 strategy games, Argentum and Age of Empires. AoE is $30, but if you liked the PC version I'd highly reccomend it. Also, if you plan on watching movies or listening to music, I'd reccommend getting a large CF card or MicroDrive. I'm going to buy a 2.2GB when I can spare the cash. I'd also reccomend an SD card (I have a 256MB) to use for installing programs (AoE was 20MB), since the 96MB built in will fill up quickly.
What do you specifically plan on using your e755 for?

dragon20
11-22-2003, 04:31 PM
well just everything all my contacts and scheduals also things like music abit of clips here and there and some niffty apps =)

where can you get those 2.2 gig cf cards you were talking about and how much are they iam proberly going to get a 256 sd card and you can put in all your apps on your sd card? awsom ? =)

does it make a difference on how they run etc =)

dragon20
11-22-2003, 04:37 PM
well just everything all my contacts and scheduals also things like music abit of clips here and there and some niffty apps =)

where can you get those 2.2 gig cf cards you were talking about and how much are they iam proberly going to get a 256 sd card and you can put in all your apps on your sd card? awsom ? =)

does it make a difference on how they run etc =)

Falstaff
11-22-2003, 06:28 PM
There is actually a deal now, $200 for a 2.2 GB MicroDrive at CompGeeks.com. Search around CNet and Pricegrabber for the SD and CF cards, you can find some pretty good prices now. Almost every application will install onto an SD of CF card. Some require installation in the default directory, such as battery pack, but most don't. It won't really make any speed differences either. I run AoE off of my SD card and it has awesome graphics and has to process a lot, but it runs without lag.

airspeed
01-02-2004, 12:03 AM
Hi guys,
I just got mine too. right now i am having a cable issue to connect to the internet with it. If I find a cable I can keep the thing. I will be using mine for personal organization, voice recording, playing mp3 and I was thinking about watching movies.

Fiest the mp3 issue--can i download free mp3s from the internet via a wireless connection up in town? I was told that a file sharing program (kazaa lite) was not available for pda's.

secondly, can this thing really play movies? I have an international flight coming up and it would be great if I could do that. I am a little new at this so I need to where and how to download it.

Thanks guys