View Full Version : My first very scary problem.

sublime
11-22-2003, 12:35 AM
By accident, I let the battery drain from my iPAQ. Now, it doesn't read anything on my CF card. Any idea what I should do?

Now, if you don't mind, I'll try to stop peeing my pants from fright.

toxostoma
11-22-2003, 12:47 AM
Uh, recharge it?

CF cards will keep their information even without power (that's the point of the memory). So once your iPAQ is recharged, it should be fine. You'll have to do a restore (hope you backed up) or if not, simply reinstall all your programs and sync back your information from the Pocket PC My Documents folder. (Just a suggestion - I'd make a temporary copy of this folder first, just in case Active Sync gets happy and accidently deletes something.

sublime
11-22-2003, 02:10 AM
Thanks for the tip, but I solved the problem myself.

It was a very difficult procedure, and I doubt I would be able to do the same thing again unless my life depended on it. I had to push a button, located near the top right corner of my iPAQ 2210, which made the screen magically turn black. My next move was my boldest, as I pushed the same button AGAIN to bring color and sense back to the screen. After these dangerous manouevers, I found all my information back on my CF card, and lived to tell the story about it afterwards...

Dave Beauvais
11-22-2003, 05:15 AM
:rofl:

(Thus concludes this useless post count-inflating message.)

Jon Westfall
11-22-2003, 06:40 AM
It was a very difficult procedure, and I doubt I would be able to do the same thing again unless my life depended on it. I had to push a button, located near the top right corner of my iPAQ 2210, which made the screen magically turn black. My next move was my boldest, as I pushed the same button AGAIN to bring color and sense back to the screen. After these dangerous manouevers, I found all my information back on my CF card, and lived to tell the story about it afterwards...

Sublime, your bold technique should be an inspiration to us all. I only hope I can be that daring when my next emergency pops up! :rofl:

whatsnext?
11-22-2003, 05:00 PM
i certainly hope that doesnt void the warrenty! :wink: :rofl:

pocketpcfox
11-23-2003, 12:01 AM
What is the sound of one hand slapping one's head? :lol: