View Full Version : Pocket Excel: an error occured while opening...

Jason Lee
11-21-2003, 10:00 PM
I have an ipaq 2215 and cannot open many of my excel documents.
All of them were coppied from my toshiba to an sd card then back to my new 2215. Some of them open, others give me an error saying "an error occured while oppening 'document name'."
I get the same error if i create a new excel doc on my desktop and copy it over. I can create new docs on my ppc and they work fine. As soon as I modifyit on my desktop it will no longer work on my ppc. I can beam the files to my girlfriends 3600 and they work just fine. I have not been able to test them on another 2003 device yet. I have clearview document viewers installed. My only thought is that maybe they are causeing it. I disabled the activesync conversion of excel files and that still makes no difference. Pocket Excel will not open them PXL or XLS, it doesn't matter. Clearview will open the XLS files even though Pocket Excel crashes. I can copy the documents off of my ppc and the open fine on my desktop. I have tried saving them as every version of excel that is supported, no luck.
Maybe it is a 2003 problem, but that does not explain why some documents open and some do not.

I cut and paste from a web page, casters realm, into excel to make spell lists for my EverQuest characters. I have made 3 of them over time. All of them existed on my toshiba before i had my ipaq. they all worked. now only the lastone works. they were not synced over either. copied from toshiba to sd card to ipaq. only one still works and i cannot put any new excel docs on from my desktop. ??????

any thoughts?

Ed Hansberry
11-23-2003, 08:54 PM
Remova all excel documents and sync over a simple one. If that works, keep moving your documents back until it fails. Just having a corrupt document can cause this problem.

I've been using Pocket Excel for months on my 2215 with no problems.