View Full Version : Is this Spyware?

lurch
11-21-2003, 08:40 PM
http://www.missionaryexchange.org/aaron/scrnshot.gif

Does anybody else notice things like this happening? Looks like an Ad is hijacking the page, or maybe I've got spyware by accident???
:?

poqeteer
11-21-2003, 08:50 PM
You know I get those too, but not here... I get them at infoSync.

sponge
11-21-2003, 09:11 PM
Definitely spyware.

Jason Dunn
11-21-2003, 09:20 PM
Does anybody else notice things like this happening? Looks like an Ad is hijacking the page, or maybe I've got spyware by accident??? :?

No, no, it's not Spyware - it's a new type of advertising from Tribal Fusion. We've only implemented it on the review page for testing purposes, and I thought it was only one view, but I guess it's on all of them. I'll up a front page post explaining what it is...but it's not spyware - it's up on our server, not on your local computer.

I'll also split this dicussion off since it has nothing to do with the game...

Janak Parekh
11-21-2003, 10:05 PM
No, no, it's not Spyware - it's a new type of advertising from Tribal Fusion. We've only implemented it on the review page for testing purposes, and I thought it was only one view, but I guess it's on all of them.
Hmm, why don't I get it then? :|

--janak

Kati Compton
11-21-2003, 10:26 PM
IE vs. Mozilla?

lurch
11-21-2003, 11:29 PM
Thanks Jason... sorry for posting in the review thread, I didn't know if it was specific to that page, and I thought if it was going to show up for others, they'd see it there.

It only came up for me about 1-in-5 page refreshes, which is why I didn't think it was spyware, but since I'm on my work computer, I thought I'd double check... I don't want to be responsible for bringing down a nationwide network! ;)

Janak Parekh
11-22-2003, 01:44 AM
IE vs. Mozilla?
Tried that, first thing. I managed to get it working in IE... once -- but only after a lot of privacy settings tweaking. Oh well. ;)

--janak

DustyLBottoms
11-22-2003, 05:53 AM
Yeah, I get it at info sync too, I thought it was spyware at first....pretty pissed :)

Jason Dunn
11-22-2003, 07:19 AM
Yeah, I get it at info sync too, I thought it was spyware at first....pretty pissed :)

I meant to do up a post explaining what it was before we launched it, but I ran out of time. I'll do it tomorrow - it's just a little experiment.

Why were you pissed though? Do you find them frustrating? It's just text until you mouse over the word...