View Full Version : Screwup with my Contacts

RedRamage
11-21-2003, 03:24 PM
Hey folks, a weird thing started happening with my Contacts the other day. Here's the deal:

I pressed the hard button to pull up Contacts. All fine there. Then I pressed it again to start 'scrolling' through the different catagories. However, it didn't work! Instead of getting the what should've been my next catagory, the little drop down box at the top of the screen changed from 'All Contacts' to 'Show' and then the contacts program completely locked up. I need to stop the contracts program and relaunch to get it to do anything.

The same thing happens if I tap on the spot rather than using the hard button. Additionally, the program seems to lock up if I ever try to adjust what catagories a contact is in. As long as I never mess with the catagories, I'm fine. But if I do I'm screwed.

Anyone experience this before? Any suggestions on a possible fix?

Ed Hansberry
11-23-2003, 08:49 PM
Try a soft reset first. If that fails, in Outlook, move all of your contacts to another "contact" type folder and sync. now morv 3-4 contacts back. Still messed up? If not, move more back until it messes up. You'll find the corrupt one(s).

If that doesn't fix it, try removing categories from your Master list. you can get there from Contacts, Tasks or Calendar.