View Full Version : Dell X5 Freezing-Help Please

Oreocat
11-21-2003, 12:32 AM
Hi, I've been having some problems recently with my X5 freezing/locking up, and with it not recognizing the new replacement back up battery.

After several soft and hard resets, I contacted Dell and received a refurbished replacement, which absolutely refused to recognize any of the three back up batteries we had acquired by that time (although they all showed a charge when tested at Walmart).

I called Dell again and got a replacement for the replacement :) After one small glitch with the back up battery, it seemed to be working fine the past few days, but now it's freezing/locking up.

Before I call Dell and get a third replacement :( I thought I'd see if anyone here has any ideas or suggestions.

I'm wondering if the problem could be caused by a program? Here's a list of what I have installed:

Alienrat Canfield
Ballshooter Games Brickslider 2.0
Conduits Pocket Player
Derelict Software Lexicon & Roman Skin
Hexacto Slurp
Kick-Off Slot Machine (For the hubby :)
Landware Shanghai & Bonus Pack
Made By Kiddies Extreme Vegas Slots (Hubby again :)
Megasoft2000 PocketBowling (Hubby)
Mobipocket Reader
PDA Gamebox Gems
Priebesoft Hot Death Uno
Rapture's King Sol
Scott Seligman Seligman's Launcher
Trancreative Magic Button
Valksoft Space Reclaimer
Resco Picture Viewer
ListPro
Ghost Hunt

(As you can see, this is mainly for entertainment-10 hour graveyard shifts with no games or internet allowed on the computer can get really boring!)

Has anyone had any problems with any of the above programs? Or know what else could be causing the problem?

I'd appreciate any help anyone could give me, I really do love my pocket pc and would like to have it working again :)

Thanks,
Oreocat

PetiteFlower
11-21-2003, 06:41 AM
It's probably one of the programs, all you can do is hard reset and install the programs one at a time until you find the culprit :(

cml
11-21-2003, 01:54 PM
You don't say if you are using Windows Mobile 2003 or not, but I had some kind of conflict between Magic Button and 2003 that was causing my IPAQ to lock up. As soon as I stopped using Magic Button, the problem went away. My lockups almost always came when I was opening or closing a program, which was why I suspected Magic Button. Hopes this helps....

Oreocat
11-21-2003, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the replies :)

Petite Flower, I was sort of afraid that's what I'd hear ::sigh:: I'll try that before calling Dell.

cml-I'm sorry, I didn't even think to list that, I'm still on 2002, haven't upgraded yet.

Again, thanks for trying to help, I really appreciate it.

Oreocat

PetiteFlower
11-21-2003, 11:24 PM
I'd still try uninstalling Magic Button first, before you try anything else, never hurts to check!