View Full Version : File explorer hangs when moving files

gai-jin
11-20-2003, 09:43 PM
the last few times I've tried moving files with file explorer, I've gotten the''wait" indicator, indefinitely. I can use other apps, but file explorer never responds until a soft reset. Also, the ppc is very very slow until I Soft reset.

Falstaff
11-20-2003, 10:02 PM
Have you checked what apps are running in the background? That may help your speed, if it is slow until you reset, that might just mean you have a bunch of apps draining resources in the background.

Steven Cedrone
11-20-2003, 10:11 PM
Where are you moving the files from/to? Do you have enough free space?

Steve

gai-jin
11-20-2003, 10:27 PM
Have you checked what apps are running in the background? That may help your speed, if it is slow until you reset, that might just mean you have a bunch of apps draining resources in the background.

Maybe I'm not understanding, or maybe I didn't make myself clear, but I Meant The ppc then runs very slow because of explorer still running(sort of) in the background.

Gai-jin

gai-jin
11-20-2003, 10:30 PM
Where are you moving the files from/to? Do you have enough free space?

Steve
yes, I was just Moving a shortcut to a different l folder in Main memory.

tanalasta
11-21-2003, 03:56 AM
I have this problem too. It happens when you delete/move the file. The wait indicator just keeps going forever and the only way to solve it was to force file explorer to quit or soft reset.

I've noticed that it doesn't hang right after a soft-reset either... Couldn't figure out which program was causing it to screw up... But in the end i just gave up and installed resco file explorer. :D Oh and i use pocketpc 2002. Not sure if the guys using pocketpc 2003 have this problem.

gai-jin
11-21-2003, 06:45 AM
ppc 2002 here as well. Don't recall seeing this issue on my old h5455, but on this i700, I've seen it a few times lately...

Gai-jin

Janak Parekh
11-21-2003, 04:54 PM
ppc 2002 here as well. Don't recall seeing this issue on my old h5455, but on this i700, I've seen it a few times lately...
Hmm. I haven't seen this on the i700 I've been using..

--janak