View Full Version : RED BUTTON UPPER RIGHT?

GUNSTEELE
11-20-2003, 12:12 AM
We have an iPAQ 3670 that someone installed a program that appears as a square red button with a white X and down arrow and seems to allow the user to close open programs. The problem is the button obscures the minutes portion of the time notation. What is this program and how do we remove it? There is nothing in the remove list that makes any sense!

Gun Steele
SYNERTOOL

Jason Dunn
11-20-2003, 12:44 AM
Sound like it might be a task manager - go into the Control Panel > Remove Programs and look for something called "WISBar" or possibly "Gigabar". If you can list all the apps installed, I can tell you which one you need to uninstall.

GUNSTEELE
11-20-2003, 01:08 AM
Jason, I have looked at everything running on this unit and there is nothing like any task manager I have seen. The only programs installed are solid Ag, GPS, & other well known stuff. If I can get the down arrow to work, a sky colored dialog box appears, but there is no help or about choice to determine what the damned thing is!

Jason Dunn
11-20-2003, 01:09 AM
Have you tried looking in the Windows/Startup folder using File Explorer? Perhaps it's simply an .exe...

Bearjaw
11-20-2003, 01:23 AM
hmmm sky colored box you say....Sounds like Battery pack 2003-4. Thats the only one I know of with a box like that and the red X above an arrow. If it is Battery pack it should be in the add remove programs. look in your today screen setup and make sure the box is checked next to Battery bar and program bar. Then you can get to the help file by clicking on the little question mark...all depending on if it is Battery pack that is. Jeff

Itanium
11-20-2003, 01:29 AM
It is battery pack and you dont have to necessarily uninstall the pack itself. You can turn off this feature seprately.

Enable the program bar that comes with the battery pack (from the today plugins, go into its options and make a shortcut for the Power Adjust utility that comes pack with it.

Then come back to today screen and launch power adjust. There you will have the option to uncheck Power Task button and menu. And thats it :)

GUNSTEELE
11-20-2003, 04:10 AM
It pays to know about this site! We suspected the Battery Pack as the only program we hadn't used on other units, but couldn't find any way to reach that function. Not very intuitive to search in the Power Bar. The battery functions are pretty good, but I wonder if there is anything out there that members think is better in this genre?

Thanks again to all three of you. Nice to have the time back.

Falstaff
11-20-2003, 04:57 AM
I use Battery Pack and think it is an excellent program, the launch bar is great, I don't have to hit teh start menu anymore. That was the main reason I bought it, the task switcher and today screen battery monitors are also excellent. This is probably the best program I have seen of it's kind.