View Full Version : Windows Mobile 2003 for V37 is out now.

PHactotum
11-19-2003, 07:52 PM
You can now order (http://www.ppcupgrade.com/) Windows Mobile 2003 for the V37. You can get a free version if you ordered yours between May 23, 2003 and September 23, 2003. However, free orders must be submitted by November 24, 2003.

Microsoft Pocket PCTM Upgrade
Terms and Conditions:

This offer is good only for purchasers of a PDA preinstalled with Microsoft® PocketPC® 2002. Your PDA must be purchased between May 23, 2003 and September 23, 2003.
You must fill out the Internet online order form completely, including the device Make and Model number, Purchase Date, and Serial Number in order to be eligible for the upgrade. Please note that addresses must be for destinations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Central America or South America. (We cannot ship to a PO or APO/FPO delivery Address.)
You will receive the Microsoft® PocketPC® 2003 upgrade product in the same language as the Microsoft® PocketPC® 2002 product preinstalled on your PDA.
The terms of this product fulfillment offer may change at any time without notice including, without limitation, the expiration date.
The product will ship approximately 2 weeks from date of order.
This offer is subject to product availability and product supplies.
Eligibility Requirements:

Verify that your receipt for your PDA bears a purchase date that falls between the dates listed in the Terms and Conditions. No exceptions will be made.
To be eligible, product fulfillment orders placed via the Internet online order form must be submitted no later than November 24, 2003.
Incomplete orders will not be processed.

Of course when I try to fill out the online form it says my serial number is invalid. :cry:

I find it strange that the FAQ (http://www.viewsonic.com/pdf/Microsoft_Pocket_PC_2003_FAQ.pdf) says that the form must be filled out by November 24th, and that the v37 upgrade isn't available until December. Maybe this is why my serial number is invalid. :?

PHactotum
11-19-2003, 09:10 PM
Wrote a letter to customer service and received the following:

Hello Perry. Thank you for your email. Unfortunately the customers that
received the free v37 Pocket PC's from the Microsoft promotional are not
eligible for the free upgrade. Microsoft and ViewSonic have informed us
11/14/03 that the serial numbers are not in our website database because
they not eligible for the offer at this location. You can order directly
from the manufacturer's link below - -

ViewSonic Store (http://store.viewsonic.com/html/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=10822&site=VS_STORE&respid=22372)

So, those of us that didn't pay for our Viewsonic v37, will have to pay for the upgrade. 8O The upgrade is $39.95.

Peter Foot
12-08-2003, 03:21 PM
Well you are still lucky - you can't even pay to get the upgrade in Europe. Because Viewsonic didn't sell the V37 in Europe it was only distributed by Microsoft, they are not making the upgrade available. And you can't purchase the US version because you need a US address. :cry:

sullivanpt
04-16-2005, 05:07 AM
Can't find it on the view sonic site!

vrflyer
09-09-2005, 10:58 PM
Can't find it on the view sonic site!

You won't - it was temp. promo. :wink:

sullivanpt
09-11-2005, 01:08 AM
yes thanks. poor customer service if you ask me!