View Full Version : HP Bluetooth update - now my 2210 can't use bluetooth

stevehiner
11-19-2003, 02:08 AM
I dutifully installed the update now I'm regretting it. Bluetooth was working prior to the update now it won't turn on.

Every time I go to the Bluetooth Manager I get the hourglass (whatever you call the PPC equivalent) then I get a message:
The Bluetooth Radio failed to turn ON due to insufficient driver memory available. You must perform a normal reset before you can turn ON the Bluetooth Radio.

Of course I've reset it to try to solve the problem but it won't go away. Right now I have the memory allocated such that there is only 4.92MB storage left and 13.9MB for programs. I can't imagine that the driver needs more than 14MB to load.

I thought this was the kind of thing this driver update was supposed to prevent. :cry:

Any ideas?

Chris Spera
11-19-2003, 03:48 AM
You don't have enough Storage RAM... I'm certain that your device is trying to write some sort of information to the device, and for some reason, its not finding the quantity of RAM that it wants. ]

Uninstall something, or move something to a Storage Card and try again...

I've seen this type of issue pop up on my 5455 on a number of different occasions, especially with Wi-Fi, and it was due to either not enough Storage RAM, Program RAM, or both...

Kind Regards,

Christopher Spera

Takuo
11-19-2003, 01:00 PM
You don't have enough Storage RAM... I'm certain that your device is trying to write some sort of information to the device, and for some reason, its not finding the quantity of RAM that it wants. ]

Uninstall something, or move something to a Storage Card and try again...

I've seen this type of issue pop up on my 5455 on a number of different occasions, especially with Wi-Fi, and it was due to either not enough Storage RAM, Program RAM, or both...

Kind Regards,

Christopher Spera

Hi,Chris

I found your device(5455) modified to "128MB"
have any improvements about the issue?
Thanks

Takuo

Chris Spera
11-19-2003, 01:47 PM
Actually, yes. PPC Techs upgraded my unit, and the driver used to access the internal 64MB "storage card" actually speeds up the device. It also gives you 64MB of additional, internal storage.

Stuff I had installed to main RAM that didn't HAVE to be installed to main RAM in order to work properly (like PI or Today Plug-Ins) no reside on the T2TDisk. Its made a big difference in my device's performance.

Kind Regards,

Christopher Spera

stevehiner
11-20-2003, 06:13 AM
Chris,

You were right. Thanks.

I think what happend is sometime last week I added the Doom.wad file to my mobile documents folder on my PC. Later I synced and installed the Bluetooth update but I forgot I was adding a huge file at the same time so when the Bluetooth failed I thought it was the only change I had made.

Now that I moved the 10MB Doom.wad to it's proper place on my SD card my Bluetooth works again. Actually it works better than it did before the update.

I take back all the bad things I said and the worse things I thought about HP and their update. :oops:

Thanks again.