View Full Version : Can I use a XD card in my iPAQ using a CF card adaptor

Martin I Pettinger
11-16-2003, 04:50 PM
Hi

The wife got me a great 10x optical zoom digital camera for my birthday. Read reviews today and the camera seems great apart from it uses xD memory. Can I use a CF adaptor and read the files on my new iPAQ2210. Hope someone can advise.

Martin

Jereboam
11-16-2003, 10:00 PM
Short answer, YES! Did you get a Fujifilm or Olympus?

J'bm

KH
11-18-2003, 04:48 AM
I'll second that - the XD card with pics from my Olympus 740EZ always went into my IPAQ befor I transfered the files over to my PC! Instant gratification, you know...

Brad Adrian
11-18-2003, 04:53 AM
GREAT idea. If you have any advice or comments on how that works for you, don't hesitate to post something for the rest of us to read.

Martin I Pettinger
11-21-2003, 12:08 AM
-
Thanks for the responses. In reply to Jereboam - I got a 16mB Olympus xD card with the camera. Need to buy a decent size card say 128mB. I think there is something whereby only Olympus branded cards will support panoramic features or something. Any reason for asking whether Fuji or Olympus?
-

Jereboam
11-21-2003, 04:40 PM
I think the cards are identical, just either branded Fuji or Olympus...I can't see that one would support panoramic and one not, that is far more likely to be a software feature of Olympus cameras. I would be curious to be proved wrong however...their site says that Olympus xD cards are the only ones that support this feature but translating from "marketing-speak" this would suggest to me they are flaunting a camera feature.

I have a Finepix F700, an awesome camera, and the last card I got was an Olympus card, works fine. They are getting cheaper all the time...I was mighty tempted by the 512Mb card I saw in the US.

J'bm