View Full Version : All you ListPro users...

sublime
11-14-2003, 08:24 PM
What do you make lists of? I just got registered my copy today, and I'm trying to think of different uses for it.

So far, I've listed:

My Library - extensive and in need of organizing
James Joyce Bibliography -allows me to keep a checklist of Joycean material that I want to buy/already have
My Wish Lists - a non-Joycean wish list; allows a systematic approach to treating myself.
My Registered Programs - so I don't have to keep the emails in my account. I list the registration code and product support as safeguards for unexpected events...

aaaaand that's all so far. I'm trying to think of more.

doogald
11-14-2003, 08:40 PM
Mine is very similar to yours. I have a single list file with the following lists:

The books that I have read - including reviews, date started, date finished (and calculated number of days), author, pages

The Books that I want to read - which has Author, Title, date that I entered the item and where I read/heard about it.

The movies that I have seen - including reviews

The movies that I want to see

Stuff I need to buy - which I enter before going to the store and check off as I buy things

The mattress. I keep track of whether we spun or flipped the mattress the last time that we did so. Believe it or not... (My wife rolled her eyes when I started this.)

Interesting web sites to check out - though honestly I rarely use this.

I have a separate list file with the access numbers for the dialup ISP I use when I travel and cannot find a hotspot.

Jason Dunn
11-14-2003, 08:47 PM
The mattress. I keep track of whether we spun or flipped the mattress the last time that we did so. Believe it or not... (My wife rolled her eyes when I started this.)

HAHAHA! :lol: That's AWESOME - you're even more "Type A" than I am, which is rare to see. :D

sublime
11-14-2003, 08:55 PM
Though this is very off topic, I'm far too curious not to ask. But.....spinning and flipping mattresses? May I ask why you do so? I've had my current mattress for over four years now, and never considered it to be in need of any spinning or flipping. What's the point of doing so?

Jason Dunn
11-14-2003, 09:19 PM
Though this is very off topic, I'm far too curious not to ask. But.....spinning and flipping mattresses? May I ask why you do so?

It's a fairly common practice - it evens out the wear on the mattress. For example, I weigh much more than my wife, so I put more pressure on the bed and, over time, that will result on uneven wear. It's the same reason why you rotate your car tires every so often. You DO rotate your tires, don't you? :wink:

dave
11-14-2003, 09:54 PM
you flippers could benefit from this (http://www.selectcomfort.com), though it might not be high tech enough for you. if it were controlled via bluetooth or 802.11 you would probably already have one.

:wink:

tanalasta
11-17-2003, 09:40 AM
Hahaha... I love the practical uses you guys put Listpro to. It's gold! :lol: I use it to keep track of homework tasks (rather than pocketinformant), what i have on loan and vice versa and examination checklists.

Oh and it's also great for study revision because you can write lists up as notes and then tick them off as you revise (and flag the ones you keep forgetting!) Absolutely love listpro. It's great. PC version is better though coz you can see more on the screen.

benca1
11-17-2003, 05:51 PM
I'm a sysadmin with a number of regular projects (constant downsizing!) as well as numerus day to day tasks. The projects go to ListPro and for now the day to day stuff ends up in Tasks.

Anyhoo, I use ListPro to track milestones and to-dos related to projects. It's suprising how rebost this little tool is.

I also use it to track what I'm doing in several hobbies I'm off and on consumed in. For example, there's a list of stuff I want to accomplish, buy, and learn within astronomy, photography, and even my car. I'm an dedicated BBQ guy too, and I require a lot of various seasonings and other food related items like liquid smoke and ketchup. I track this stuff for when I'm getting low. I just picked up some more charcoal (checked last night when I found myself near a good grocery store) and some more bulk cumin.

I also like to spring suprise dates on my wife, and I track where I've been and keep track of new ideas.

I get a lot of mileage out of it come to think of it.

I track a LOT of stuff

It's a great piece of software. I wish you could embed or link to images or sound clips.... is that possible?

Steven Cedrone
11-17-2003, 05:58 PM
There are also some great lists (http://www.iliumsoft.com/site/lp/lp_lists.htm) available right from Ilium (that you can tweak)...

I have used several as a starting point for my own lists...

Steve

i_spock
11-17-2003, 07:27 PM
I use ListPro to list all the various items I need to bring when going on vacation or a business trip. If you have any old PocketPC mags, check several issues back for Hal's excellent article on what he uses listpro for. He goes into a lot of detail on how he tracks his todo's an projects. I used that article as a template and recreated his list.

I've also used it for remembering which homeopathic meds that my son gets for various illnesses and maladies...

Dave Beauvais
11-17-2003, 07:52 PM
I have lists for many things: Account info for various Web sites (there are 158 items in that list right now) ISP config info such as access numbers, DNS servers, etc. Software product keys and registration info Wireless LAN info such as SSIDs and WEP keys List of movies I've seen, when I saw them, and who I saw them with, going all the way back to 1993! (It's interesting to review my pathetic dating history for the last ten years. ;) The last two years have been especially sad.) Drug lists for my parents. Lists which prescription medication they take, what each one is for, etc. Shopping listThe list that's gotten the most use recently, however, is the one I use while reviewing products. I keep lists of pros, cons, observations, etc. about the product I am reviewing. That way, I can check off an item when I've written about it in the review. It helps me to remember things I've noticed about the product and enables me to write more complete reviews for PPC Thoughts! ListPro is literally the first application I install after a hard reset or when setting up a new Pocket PC. (Mainly because all my shareware registration codes are in there, making it easy to copy and paste.)

you flippers could benefit from this (http://www.selectcomfort.com), though it might not be high tech enough for you. ...
Wow, a new level of annoying! My browser (http://www.mozilla.org/products/firebird/) blocks pop-up windows, so the SelectComfort site pops up a little JavaScript box on top of the page content to inform me that I have pop-up windows disabled. How obnoxious.

vinny
11-17-2003, 10:23 PM
Wow !!!! I should let my girlfriend reply to this post... I don't use List Pro but if I install this soft on my Ipaq, she'll take full control of it for sure !!!

She makes lists for everything... she even make lists of the lists she has to make ! .... :roll:

Vinny

P.S I got a list of things to fix in the house... gotta go ! :?