View Full Version : Mazingo/Avantgo keeps trying to connect via bluetooth

i_spock
11-13-2003, 07:40 PM
OK this problem is driving me nuts and I just cannot figure it out! Hopefully someone out there can answer this.

The problem is that my 1945 keeps attempting to connect via bluetooth whenenver I read synced content in AvantGo or Mazingo. I each time I tap a link to read something I have to click "dismiss" a few times to get the !@#% "Cannot Connect" notification out of the way.

I've tried turning BT off, aiming the network at an adapter other than the BT one, etc. nothing helps.

TIA....

Ed Hansberry
11-17-2003, 05:19 AM
This is because Avantgo isn't downloading all images properly, so PIE tries to retrieve the image. Since your device has BT, it attempts to go online.

Frustrating. My 2215 does it too. Avantgo has really gone downhill in the past few months. Syncing can take 10 minutes to complete the channel search. :? Used to be that over WiFi, a full Avantgo search took 15-20 seconds.

i_spock
11-17-2003, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the reply. Good to know someone else has seen this behavior too.

Last night I did a hard reset and reinstalled everything, and now AvantGo works wonderfully. There still were a few pages in Mazingo that attempt to access the network, but even there the problem has diminished by about 90%. Plus, after the hard reset my device is a LOT snappier.

Thanks!