View Full Version : How to use remover?

binstpa
11-13-2003, 05:01 PM
I just downloaded it and after I hit ok to get past the Russian disclaimer it lets me filter various files by certain criteria. Does it automatically get rid of them or does it just point out which ones meet your criteria and then you have to go to that folder and remove them. How does the program work?

What settings do you use - there were a lot of options to have it open on startup, etc... How do you guys use the program?

If you can't guess I am very new to this stuff. I have been handicapped by excessive exposure to Palm OS.

Jason Dunn
11-13-2003, 05:51 PM
It's ok, we'll help you get over Palm. ;-)

START > SETTINGS > SYSTEM tab > REMOVE PROGRAMS

Don't Panic!
11-13-2003, 07:05 PM
I use it by having the program start by showing me the programs that are installed on the device as the default view. I then check the box of a program I want to get rid of and click on the wastebasket looking icon. from the options I choose "delete checked programs" then if anything is leftover I check the removr log file in my devices My Documents folder in main memory and manually delete the offending pieces. this ususlly is an issue if the program was installed to a storage card. Whatever else you do make a complete backup before you use this program, It can remove everthing if you choose the wrong program to remove, The PocketMind PM Feature Pack should not be removed with this program.

HTH

Don't Panic!
Bobby

dh
11-13-2003, 07:13 PM
Whatever else you do make a complete backup before you use this program, It can remove everthing if you choose the wrong program to remove,
It can indeed, as I have discovered. Backup essential.

powder2000
11-13-2003, 07:15 PM

I think he's talking about the program 'remover'. I actually have a question on this program. After using it for quite some time and not having any problems with it, I installed the newer version(I think) and get this russian screen that has an 'ok' icon. I check 'ok' and then get a list. I can't remove anything, though. It's like the trial version has run out, except it is freeware. What gives?

dh
11-13-2003, 07:20 PM

I think he's talking about the program 'remover'. I actually have a question on this program. After using it for quite some time and not having any problems with it, I installed the newer version(I think) and get this russian screen that has an 'ok' icon. I check 'ok' and then get a list. I can't remove anything, though. It's like the trial version has run out, except it is freeware. What gives?
Wecome to the "remover time out club". Your question wil be answered here: http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20182&highlight=remover

binstpa
11-13-2003, 08:08 PM
I can check the boxes of the things I want to get rid of but I can't get rid of them. Where is the option to delete them. Clicking on the recycle bin doesn't seem to do anything. also, file>options doesn't seem to take me to anything applicable.

Thanks.

divajess
11-14-2003, 04:30 PM
I tried Remover out last night because I had a few things I could NOT get rid of...and I don't know WHAT I deleted that caused it, but half my programs were gone!! :oops: Thank goodness for my diligence with Pocket Backup...

I removed Remover after that. :)