View Full Version : What pocket pc should i get???

PSPortable
11-13-2003, 04:06 AM
What pocket pc should i get?

I want a pocket pc mainly for games,
what is the best pocket pc for games that still isnt to expensive also? im willing to spend up to 300-400.

How good are pocket pc's graffix compared to game boy advance and the new zodiac and n-gage???

this is my first post, hi everyone :D lol

Thinkingmandavid
11-13-2003, 04:10 AM
HOWDY AND WELCOME :!: :D
For that price range the Toshiba e405 would be a good choice. At best buy it is 299.99. Maybe online it might be cheaper some where I am not for certain. The screen is very nice and clear, the best as far as I know.
Play anthelion on that one :wink:

JustinGTP
11-13-2003, 04:13 AM
iPAQ 2215

- The awesome screen
- Fast processor by many standards, 400mhz
- Dual Expandability
- HP Quality

Its only 399.99 A great bang for what you get :D

-Justin

Wontonion
11-13-2003, 04:34 AM
if u want it mainly for games, then by all means go for the tapwave zodiac. from what i understand, the n-gage is junk. crappy performancy, crappy resolution, u have remove the batteries to put games in, you have to "sidetalk" on it.

the tapwave zodiac has superior resolution@ 320x480 then the ipaqs of the world. (the only thing that beats it is the toshiba e800 which is VGA but will cost u a fortune, and most games don't run seamlessly at that resolution...ie, wait for the next gen.) the zodiac (zodiac 2 is what i'm actually talking about) has 128 mb of RAM. (most ppcs in ur price range have 64 MB). it also has a "gamer's layou"--with a good d-pad and buttons placed together.

by the way, i have no entrenced interest here. i use a ipaq 2215 and love it. but for a guy who primarily wants to play games, those small, depressed buttons will get annoying. if u want to go ppc, and not palm, i think the asus a620 is the best gaming ppc on the market. it has super fast benchmarks too.

hope that helps.

JustinGTP
11-13-2003, 04:40 AM
... by all means go for the tapwave zodiac.
He said Pocket PC, and this is not. :|
... from what i understand, the n-gage is junk.
Once again, PPC
... i use a ipaq 2215 and love it.
Yes! He mentions a PPC! A good one at that too! :D :D
... to play games, those small, depressed buttons will get annoying.
Not true in any sense, they are great buttons compared to most PDAs
... if u want to go ppc, and not palm,
thats the point of PPCT
... i think the asus a620 is the best gaming ppc on the market. it has super fast benchmarks too.
Amen! :werenotworthy:

-Justin.

PSPortable
11-13-2003, 05:05 AM
Can the asus a620 go online at places like starbucks using i (wifi card?? i think) and does it play mp3s?

JustinGTP
11-13-2003, 05:27 AM
Can the asus a620 go online at places like starbucks using i (wifi card?? i think) and does it play mp3s?

Any Pocket PC Can do this when it is on the Windows Mobile 2003 platform, which the Asus is. Yes, you can go onto wifi networks, but with a CF Wifi card, no SD on this one.

Here, look at this review!

http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/article/1635.2/

-Justin.

spursdude
11-14-2003, 01:01 AM
I say the PPC route is good for gaming - you can get great games like Age of Empires, Snails, Doom... you can also emulate NES and SNES.

When you do get a PPC, you should probably get an extra battery. Gaming uses up battery pretty quickly, and you don't wanna let your fun be limited by how much power you have. :D

Kati Compton
11-14-2003, 01:23 AM
I say the PPC route is good for gaming - you can get great games like Age of Empires, Snails, Doom... you can also emulate NES and SNES.

When you do get a PPC, you should probably get an extra battery. Gaming uses up battery pretty quickly, and you don't wanna let your fun be limited by how much power you have. :D

Note that the Asus 620 doesn't have a removable battery. At least, the BT model doesn't.

PSPortable
11-14-2003, 04:21 AM
What is the best ppc for around 200-250$ that is still decent in games also?

im totally new to ppc and ive been wanting one but i dont know anything about which to get. :? :)

Thinkingmandavid
11-14-2003, 04:45 AM
I think if you are going to use it for games any of the ones that we have mentioned will work. For 200-250, I would say the 1945 would work in that price range. The problem is not the ppc, it is easy to find a ppc that will do what you want it to do :D It is finding it in the money range you are asking.