View Full Version : Problems with registered version of Worms World Party? Won't launch

DerekTheGeek
11-13-2003, 02:16 AM
Has anyone been having problems with v1.4 of Worms World Party? I had the demo version on my ipaq 5555 and it worked fine. After I removed it and installed my purchased copy I am unable to launch the game. I tap the icon and the screen flickers but thats it. Both times I installed the game on my SD card which is not full. Any thoughts? Thanks.

- Derek

Steven Cedrone
11-13-2003, 05:20 AM
Have you emailed the developer???

Steve

cyclist
11-13-2003, 08:39 AM
Has anyone been having problems with v1.4 of Worms World Party? I had the demo version on my ipaq 5555 and it worked fine. After I removed it and installed my purchased copy I am unable to launch the game. I tap the icon and the screen flickers but thats it. Both times I installed the game on my SD card which is not full. Any thoughts? Thanks.

- Derek
I've had installations that haven't quite worked properly so the program wouldn't launch. Uninstall what you have, using a tool like Remover so that you can get rid of all traces in the registry as well. Disconnect from your PC, soft reset and try the install again. This has worked for me sometimes.

Although it may not work it's worth trying.

ChristopherTD
11-13-2003, 10:26 AM
This may be because the installer is faulty. Have a look on your SD card and see if you have two worms folders. The installer placed a resource file in a separate folder and the program wouldn't launch. Moving the resource file (WWP. RB 4.11 MB in size) to the main folder made it all work.

DerekTheGeek
11-13-2003, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the suggestions all! Turns out I do have two folders on my SD card for Worms. I thought it was just supposed to be that way. In any case I will make the change and report back. Thanks!

- Derek

FOLLOWUP - That fixed it. I moved the resource file into the main WWP directory on the card and it works! Thanks for the help. For those wondering Hexacto support did email me in regards to the program.