View Full Version : Mastersoft Money and Finances

binstpa
11-12-2003, 10:44 PM
I just downloaded Mastersoft Money (for free with the PI deal). However, I haven't done much in the way of banking on my handheld or PC. Usually I just go to the website to look at my account. However, I now want to get into this and have my accounts on my handheld.

If anyone else is using Mastersoft Money what do you use it in conjunctino with - Microsoft Money or Quicken. I am just trying to figure out which one I need to get to use Mastersoft Money.

You do have to have some desktop app in order to sync your account info correct?

sublime
11-12-2003, 11:14 PM
To tell the truth, I don't know the answer, but I love the program so I commented in here anyway. Instead of syncing, though, you can create a report, convert it to excel with the little button at the bottom right, then transfer that to the Desktop.

But that's no help to you at all :(

Ripper014
11-13-2003, 02:11 AM
I know this is not going to answer you question but what I feel is much better program is Cash Organizer... and I believe that it now does allow you to sync with MS Money.

sublime
11-13-2003, 03:08 AM
Dem be sum fytin wurds!

Mastersoft Money is far better than Cash Organizer.

:evil: :devilboy: :evil: :devilboy:

Thinkingmandavid
11-13-2003, 04:04 AM
I recently got it for free on here but I dont remember what thread it was.
It is ok but not a big deal. I have quicken on my laptop but I havent made any attempt at transferring the data. I havent even looked to see what their directions say.
It doesnt seem that user friendly to me, but it was free. In fairness to it I need time to get to know it, but right now I am working on a term paper so not able to sit down to just read the manual :wink:

I have heard about cash organizer but have no experience with it.

xerxers
11-14-2003, 04:16 AM
Mastersoft Money is an excellent program. Easy to use and the developer, Dom, is willing and able to listen to most suggetsons and ideas and what's more will act on them.

I don't know what desktop banking/money program you are running but from within Mastersoft Money you are able to export your data in QIF / CSV format which I believe will import into other Desktop banking programs.

This is a cool feature.

I like the easy layout and the way that you can enter data quickly. I usually open my IE bank account page and then just reenter the data as well as adding outstanding checks I may have written etc.

I have also found that using the BS option that i can find my total cash available in all of my accounts very quickly.

You do have to put some effort into planning your categories etc and the more / better planning you do the better this application will work for you.

No iIdon't work for Mastersoft I have been using this program in various iterations for the past 2 years and have found it to be the best..

Xerxers

Thinkingmandavid
11-14-2003, 04:50 AM
You must have been using it for a while to know the developer by name :wink:
I am still learning about it. I have found that I need to expand my category list for the expenses on it. So far so good with it, and I hope it stays that way. It was free so I am for certain not going to gripe about it :)
I havent made any attemtps at exporting to quicken.

Ripper014
11-15-2003, 12:59 AM
I guess I have to respond... I also got it for MS Money for free when it was made available.

I had been using Cash Organizer before that... so I thought what the heck I would continue to use Cash Organizer while I did a demo of MS Money. There are a few things about MS Money I do like but ultimately I decided that Cash Organizer was a much better fit and better organized.

So I would have to give my thumbs up to that program.

senfeng
11-17-2003, 09:54 AM
I've used MS Money, Cash Organizer, and Mastersoft and I personally prefer Mastersoft. I'll admit that Mastersoft was a little unintuitive at first, but once I got the hang of it I found that it much easier to immediately recognize what's going on with your funds. The budgetting tools are nice, although I'd prefer if they had their own tabs, but the graphs and pie charts are excellent (once you have a few months of bugetting going and and you figure out how to work them [press the check in the upper right corner]). Mastersoft is one of my premier programs, next to Pocket Informant and Project Pro. I've been using it for about a year and I'm pretty satisfied, though I don't think its perfect. I here there's a desktop version, though I haven't been able to find it on the american Handango. Currently, I do all my financing on my PPC. If I had a desktop component I would only use it to speed up my data entry.

If I had to choose another program, I'd definitely choose Cash Organizer over MS Money.