View Full Version : sony ericsson T610 cell phone

xendula
11-12-2003, 09:44 PM
Hi. I just got the SE T610, because it was the best deal I could find for a triband phone with BT.
The thing is, it's actually a vodafone cell (I'm not a vodafone customer myself, but I put my own SIM card inside) , so it has all those vodafone menu items to trick you into going online with it WITHOUT NOTICING IT, and before you know it, you have to pay a lot of money.

Does anyone here know whether there is a way to customize the menu on it, mainly in order to delete options one does not want to use but might activate by mistake? Can you deactivate specific buttons?

Thanks in advance,
Xendula

putthegundownkinkade
11-18-2003, 11:02 AM
take it to your local sony ericsson workshop and have them reflash the rom for you, when they do you will lose all the vodafone settings, (you might have to ask them to do a non-vodafone re-flash) you wil also get a few extra functions once you've reflashed :D

if you have more sony ericsson queries i suggest www.esato.com and use thier discussion forums it's basically dediated to SE phones

g'luck

Will

xendula
11-18-2003, 06:25 PM
My what a cool site!! Thanks a lot, :ladysman: I gotta do some reading now! As to your suggestion: there are no SE workshops around here (meaning Germany) as far as I know. But I'm sure that site will be a big help.