View Full Version : Subscribers Save 22% off Award-Winning Lextionary

Jason Dunn
11-14-2003, 08:00 PM
Lextionary, one of the coolest apps for the Pocket PC (especially for writers and the word-curious), has the distinction of winning a Pocket PC Magazine Award for "Best Dictionary". And now <a href="http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/subscribe.php">subscribers</a> can <a href="http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/discounts.php">save 22% off the price!</a><br /><br />"Lextionary is a dictionary and thesaurus of the English language with features and content that are far superior to a normal dictionary. Instead of just having words organized alphabetically, Lextionary also organizes words by their semantic meaning. A normal dictionary only gives the definition of a word, but Lextionary starts with a definition and gives a multitude of links to others words. These links help define and place in context the word you are interested in and allow you to explore the word’s relationship to other words."

Patt
11-14-2003, 08:47 PM
This is a great piece of software. I've had it for a while now and I love it!
So, 22% off is worth it!!!! :)

Patt

karinatwork
11-14-2003, 08:48 PM
Yes, this program is great, but there is one little problem:
I haven't heard anything anymore about the promised correction of the problems the program has with looking up words from other applications (i.e. Reader). That was one of the main features why I bought it, and it doesn't work. :( The developer and I had a short email exchange, and he promised he would look into it.

I keep emailing the developer but he hasn't answered in 2 months.
Maybe together we can't get it moving!!! :D I really like the program but I'd like that feature to be working, too!

K.

Falstaff
11-14-2003, 10:42 PM
I use the SlovEd engine and it works flawlessly. I have a German-English and English-English, they work great and the in program searches work also.

revolution.cx
11-15-2003, 01:08 AM
Sorry, you're right, I tracked down our correspondence and saw that I didn't get back to your last email.

It's a rather complicated hack that is OS and program specific. For instance it works fine with IE on the Axim but not the 1910. It works for Reader, Word and others on both.

Some users have reported problems with this one feature, but overall the vast majority haven't reported any issues.

I decided to redesign how the feature works but it just isn't ready for release yet.

In the meantime there's copy and paste which really only requires 2 more steps.

Yes, this program is great, but there is one little problem:
I haven't heard anything anymore about the promised correction of the problems the program has with looking up words from other applications (i.e. Reader). That was one of the main features why I bought it, and it doesn't work. :( The developer and I had a short email exchange, and he promised he would look into it.

I keep emailing the developer but he hasn't answered in 2 months.
Maybe together we can't get it moving!!! :D I really like the program but I'd like that feature to be working, too!

K.

karinatwork
11-15-2003, 01:49 AM
Cool, thanks for getting back to me!

I am copying and pasting already, and I really like the program, so I will wait patiently.. :D

jmkeuning
11-17-2003, 07:06 AM
bdicty - gotta have it.

I have the English version, the Span-Eng version and the Span conjugator.

GREAT