View Full Version : need an app. for landscape IE...

norad
11-11-2003, 09:45 PM
I just need an application for surfing the net with IE in landscape mode.
The only app. I found was :Nyditot Virtual Display" which I havent tried.
Does anyone recommend it or any others?

(btw. thunderhawk doesn't work with my ipaq 4150 (and also very expensive)

Thanks a lot ppl...

11-11-2003, 10:28 PM
I just downloaded the trial version of Nyditot on my iPAQ 1935 and it seems to work fine for landscape IE. I am also using Pocket PC 2003 - and so far Nyditot seems to be only one that I can get to work. Whatever you do - don't try DotPocket. Their new "Pocket PC 2003 compatible version" locked me up necessitating a hard reset.

Hope this helps!

Dave 0X

Islanti
11-11-2003, 11:01 PM
I'm using the current version of Nyditot on my Dell Axim X5 with no problems. The default mode for Nyditot is to not load on a soft reset, so even if you have a compatibility issue you should be able to avoid the dreaded hard reset. Make sure you do a backup before installing the software, though.

If you have MultiIE ( http://www.multiie.info) you can set Nyditot to "Virtual Desktop" mode (320x320) and switch between portrait and landscape mode in Pocket IE without a reset. Cool feature, if you use PIE to browse the web frequently.

norad
11-11-2003, 11:43 PM
I'm not sure but I think I've read somewhere here that MultiIE locks ipaqs... (don't know which model)
but it seems like, for best surfing exp. I need MultiIE & Nyditot at the same time...
and, does Nyditot work with ipaq 4150?

btw. I have a very easy question:

How can I perform a hard reset on my 4150? AFAIK, the little button on the side performs a soft reset... I'm guessing that maybe I need to press & hold it for a hardreset. But of course I didn't try it :)

Thox
11-12-2003, 04:08 PM
consult your manual.

hard reseting my iPAQ 1910 involves holding down the power button while performing a soft reset.

Dave Potter
11-12-2003, 11:45 PM
I'm not sure but I think I've read somewhere here that MultiIE locks ipaqs...

Check out this website: http://www.zipworld.com.au/~peterept/

It specifically says the following regarding MultiIE and iPAQS:

"Special note for IPAQ 41xx Users: MultiIE is NOT compatible with your 41xx device. These were not available during the beta testing phase and there is a compatibility issue that may cause your device to lock-up (which requires a cold reboot). A new version will be released as soon as possible!"

I am using MultiIE with my iPAQ 1935 and it works great!

Dave 0X

norad
11-13-2003, 07:11 AM
so what about Nyditot ? has anyone used it (without MultiIE) on ipaq 4150?

since Nyditot can rotate the screen, too, it would be enough for me...