View Full Version : Comdex '03- Anyone going?

Moni
11-11-2003, 02:01 PM
Any takers for Comdex this year? What are you going to check out?

egads
11-11-2003, 04:07 PM
The last I went to was three years ago and I don't plan to go any time soon. All you have to do is to look at the vendor list to see that its not worth going to.

All of the big shows are hurting. I used to go to the Embedded systems conference and it was HUGE. It took up a good chunk of the convention hall (McKormic in Chicago). Now it's not even in Chicago, it's in the Rosmont convention center and has only a handfull of vendors...

Moni
11-11-2003, 04:37 PM
I guess the lack of vendors is a sure sign of the continuing sluggish economy.

We're headed out there to see the keynote w/ Gates, as well as meet up with a few of my significant other's techie pals from the tablet pc sector.

I plan on using my PPC during the long flight out there! ;)

Janak Parekh
11-11-2003, 09:07 PM
Let us know how it is. If it's anything like PC Expo was, it'll be a waste. :cry:

--janak

Fishie
11-11-2003, 09:25 PM
Not all of em are hurting, E3 is growing again.
After the tech bubble burst e3 2k1 was a mere shadow of the previous year, 2k2 was a bit better and this year it was lots better, almost the entire LAX convention center was filled, if the growth continues we might have an E3 again next year that is too big to fit in LAX convention center.

I was again invited for comdex as press complete with all sorts of priviliges and invitations and free stuff but again I declined, just nothing there for me to make it worth my while to travel thousands of miles.

Janak Parekh
11-11-2003, 09:57 PM
Well, it's just that people can't stay away from games. ;)

--janak

Fishie
11-12-2003, 12:10 AM
Well, it's just that people can't stay away from games. ;)

--janak

I know I cant, just read my sig.

RobertoLV_
11-13-2003, 07:17 AM
I'll go the NEXT Week (Maybe 2 o 3 days). 8)

I'll leave the Pictures in www.todopocketpc.com (the BEST Spanish PocketPC Forum)

ĦĦSalud!!-2 0X