View Full Version : Uh oh.. Left my PPC all by itself for 2 weeks and now .. :(

Myrddin
11-11-2003, 09:31 AM
Hey all,
I've been away on holiday for a few weeks and I left my pocket pc all by itself alone.

Now I'm back I arrive to find it totally flat. I plugged it in and recharged it ... but I lost all my data.

I'm curious to know if this full discharge has lessened the overall lifespan/capacity of the battery?

I'm kinda worried now :( 0X

jeffmd
11-11-2003, 10:21 AM
I belive a backup battery can only hold up the memory solo for a couple days. If you lost your data by a discharge that happened without actual usage, the sucker should be dead now. replace it.

TopDog
11-11-2003, 10:42 AM
I belive a backup battery can only hold up the memory solo for a couple days. If you lost your data by a discharge that happened without actual usage, the sucker should be dead now. replace it.
Nope, on a 5450 the backup-battery is rechargable, so there is no need to replace it...

The full discharge shouldn't have anything to say on the lifespan of the battery, but I would charge it for 6-12 hours straight to get it fully up and running againg.

PetiteFlower
11-11-2003, 02:26 PM
Actually from what I've read a full discharge IS bad for the battery in the long run, but unless you make a habit of it, you probably won't notice any difference in the battery lifespan.