View Full Version : Choice: 2215 or 4150?

Kenyatta
11-11-2003, 04:46 AM
This will be my first PDA and I believe an ipac will be the manufacturer yet I have not decided on the model. I travel often and when I am in my home/ office I am constantly on the computer...internet, video's, photos etc…..total multimedia. Therefore a PDA will be completely utilized when I am on the road.

I have been researching many web pages and I haven't seen a fair comparison between the 2215 and the 4150.

The only difference appears to be the integrated wi-fi on the 4150 or the extra CF slot on the 2215. I understand that I can add wi-fi in either of the two slots on the 2215 and leave the other slot for 512 or a gig memory.

It seems confusing as the 2215 with an add-on wi-fi card (lets say in the CF slot) appears to then have the same specs as the 4150???

Which one do I buy and why.

Sven Johannsen
11-11-2003, 04:59 AM
[quote="Kenyatta"]It seems confusing as the 2215 with an add-on wi-fi card (lets say in the CF slot) appears to then have the same specs as the 4150???quote]

Pretty close. With the addition of the CF Wifi card to the 2215, you have a fat 4155 with an antenna sticking out the top, and no way to shut off the WiFi other than pulling the card. But with the card out you have a place to put a Camera, a CF GPS, a CF barcode Scanner, etc, and stil have a place to put memory. You also have the option to use a CF Wired NIC or Modem (neiter of which are available in an SDIO format AFAIK.

With the 4155 you get a significantly thinner device, with the WiFi and BT built in of course. And you get a software option to turn either or both on or off. You also get the CHOICE of memory or peripherals. You can get an SDIO GPS or Camera, but won't have much memory for Maps or Pics respectively.

So it is a bit off a personal choice, based on what you are going to add to your PPC. If WiFi and BT is all you will ever want, or you can live with the memory limitations when using the SDIO capability for peripherals, then 4155 is it. If you are going to be a gadget freak, then the two slots off the 2215, are attractive. Or get one of each :wink: