View Full Version : Ipaq 1945 battery life

Stevoo187
11-11-2003, 03:39 AM
I was just wondering about how the battery life was on the 1945. Does the battery life tend to go down with extended use or does it keep its charge pretty well? Thx for your input :wink:

PM
11-11-2003, 06:50 PM
1945 battery life :)

There are some existing posts in here regarding this. I bought mine a few weeks ago and am pretty satisified so far. My wife really tests the battery as she's always using it for solitaire, etc (I mean hours at a time). After I used it this past weekend for about 2 hours (doing nursing research, etc), my wife continued for at least another 3 to 4 hours. When she was done I checked the battery meter and it was still about half charged. So . . that's my ho with a relatively new battery installed.

Phil

hdsalinas
11-11-2003, 10:12 PM
I got my 1945 a little over a month ago and I have never ran out of batteries. I dont even remenbre seeing the low battery warning that I used to see all the time with my 3650 (even brand new).

I want to get a USB bluetooth dongle for my PC and see how bluetooth impacts the battery.

I you are thinking of getting one, I would recomend it. Yo will be satisfied with it. The screen is not that bad as you get use to it and dont even notice the slight tint.

In my opinion, if you can get the 415x get it!. Sometimes I wish that mine had WIFI instead of Bluetooth.

hope it helped

Dave Potter
11-12-2003, 11:24 PM
I want to get a USB bluetooth dongle for my PC and see how bluetooth impacts the battery.

I highly recommend that Belkin Bluetooth USB Dongle. The software that comes with it is excellent compared to some others I tried.

BTW - Bluetooth does suck more juice and will have a moderate impact on battery life. This experience comes from an iPAQ 3970 I got through work.

Dave 0X

hakeashar
11-14-2003, 03:50 AM
The battery life of the 1945 is nothing spectacular and is worse than the 1935 because the processor uses a little bit more power. There seems to be some sort of power managment built into the CPU so depending on what you are doing the level will drop differently.

Using the device with MP3 looping, screen off: you are looking at 4-5 hours.

Using an emulator with sound: Maybe 2.5 hours straight gaming.

Anyone disagree? These are estimates based on usage.