View Full Version : You're driving me bananas.

Thinkingmandavid
11-10-2003, 04:23 PM
You can instant message when we are online already, adn some of the posts are just about 'instant' :)
I do like the dancing bananas, that is cool :mrgreen:

Dave Beauvais
11-10-2003, 05:51 PM
... I do like the dancing bananas, that is cool :mrgreen:
Don't encourage him. ;)

JustinGTP
11-10-2003, 07:41 PM
... I do like the dancing bananas, that is cool :mrgreen:
Don't encourage him. ;)

Its all down to my dancing good taste :wink:

-Justin.

Thinkingmandavid
11-11-2003, 02:36 AM
mmm, I am wondering what else justin can do with other fruit :lol:

Kati Compton
11-11-2003, 02:39 AM
Thread split from here:

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20478&sid=d03d435515227c74d12d67ac254ddd86

It's very distracting when I'm listening to music, and the bananas are dancing nearly in time. 8O

Thinkingmandavid
11-11-2003, 02:50 AM
YOu dont like to see the bananas 8O
like, they are so cool, you play the music and they just start to groove :mrgreen:

JustinGTP
11-11-2003, 03:01 AM
He he he, this board is great. Ah, you are all so funny :D

-Justin.

dh
11-11-2003, 03:07 AM
They have to go. :bad-words:

JustinGTP
11-11-2003, 03:22 AM
They have to go. :bad-words:

Explain to me how they bug you?

(This could be interesting :D)

dh
11-11-2003, 03:38 AM
Oh Justin, what are we going to do with you?

Your new official size graphic is fine, perfectly in keeping with the new rules that the J Dude came up with.

I must confess, the little animated thingies are just annoying and I think you are pushing the limits of the sig rules.

A lot of the things you have done are really good, I like some of the cars you had photchopped. I don't like the narners, but that's just me. I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over it. In any case, I'm sure you will make something different pretty soon. :D

JustinGTP
11-11-2003, 03:51 AM
Oh yeah,

Me, Im all about variety - its the spice of life... speaking of which....

Janak Parekh
11-11-2003, 03:55 AM
I must confess, the little animated thingies are just annoying and I think you are pushing the limits of the sig rules.
Agreed. The intention of the sig policy was to make signatures unobtrusive so that people can focus on the content of the post. The dancing bananas do precisely the opposite.

--janak

JustinGTP
11-11-2003, 03:58 AM
They are the same height and they do not exceed the width. They are so cool! Com'on you guys! :D

ctmagnus
11-11-2003, 04:25 AM
Here's a tip for ya, Justin: Don't argue with the guys that run the place. They can make life difficult for you. :wink:

Dave Beauvais
11-11-2003, 04:28 AM
I was going to let this one go, but I can't. Justin, your small sig button is tolerable. The animation is subtle and not too distracting. The bananas, on the other hand, are not cool. They are, in my opinion, stupid and quite distracting. Please consider losing them.

Edit: I fixed the problem myself. I just told Firebird (http://www.mozilla.org/products/firebird/) to block all images from the server the bananas came from. (Right-click image, choose "Block Images from [hostname]")

--Dave

Thinkingmandavid
11-11-2003, 04:36 AM
well one thing for certain, if anyone wants to put a sig it needs to be cleared by jason, other wise it is a waste of time to put anything there if it is so easy to get rid of it.

Some have crazy saying, some have those bananas. I am wondering how many people will complain and they will get rid of stuff.

Since we are a community and a forum, I am just making a comment. I dont dislike anyone, but maybe we need an official rule book that we can all refer to before we start to do anything. Or maybe I missed the book about all this, is there one jason?

Dave Beauvais
11-11-2003, 04:51 AM
... Or maybe I missed the book about all this, is there one jason?
This thread (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19998) pretty much sums it up nicely. While Justin's graphics technically do not violate the letter of the "law," they do violate the spirit of it. It's implied in Jason's signature policy that a sig is to consist of one 88x31 image, not as many images as you want that just happen to individually be within those dimensions.

--Dave

Thinkingmandavid
11-11-2003, 05:02 AM
dave beauvais sig is to consist of one
Thanks dave, that is what i wanted to know.
mmm, one banana :D

ctmagnus
11-11-2003, 05:39 AM
mmm, one banana :D

Now ya done it! This (http://www.absolutelyric.com/a/view/Liz_Phair/The_Tra_La_La_Song_(one_Banana,_Two_Banana)/) is what's going to be going through my head for the next few weeks. :wink:

Jason Dunn
11-11-2003, 07:28 AM
We simply haven't implemented the code yet to restrict sigs to a single 88 x 31 image. Until we do, people like Justin will continue to find new ways to irritate the rest of us. Just ignore him - the more attention you give him, the more he "performs". :roll:

JustinGTP
11-11-2003, 07:49 AM
We simply haven't implemented the code yet to restrict sigs to a single 88 x 31 image. Until we do, people like Justin will continue to find new ways to irritate the rest of us. Just ignore him - the more attention you give him, the more he "performs". :roll:

What is that supposed to mean Jason? You have a new email message in your inbox...

JustinGTP
11-11-2003, 07:59 AM
FYI: The banana's are gone due to popular demand, snide comments, and a general lack of humour.

Thinkingmandavid
11-11-2003, 02:25 PM
I checked out the banana song. interesting although I have no idea of the tune :mrgreen:
sorry to see the banana go :mrgreen:
I know the rules are for a reason. 8)

Steven Cedrone
11-11-2003, 03:43 PM
Since the bananas are now a thing of the past, so too is this thread...

Steven Cedrone
Community Moderator