View Full Version : Do Sandisk SD Cards really have that many problems????

Stevoo187
11-11-2003, 02:02 AM
Is Sandisk really that bad when it comes to sd cards????? I was thinking about getting a 256 mb sd card by sandisk for a pretty good price of 60 bux, but now i am stumped.. Neone have nething good to say about the Sandisks???

Thinkingmandavid
11-11-2003, 02:22 AM
I think it is who you talk to, some have good experiences and some bad. Sometimes it is the device and not the card. I am sure on this thread you are going to read a lot both ways. For 60 dollars it isnt bad at all and I would buy it for that price. Also check out ecost.com, they usually have good deals to.

kabkbak
11-11-2003, 03:24 AM
i picked one up for my 740 but did not us it for several week
when i did it was dead 256sd :cry:
now im out like many others thats enough for me to move on
it was at bestbuy for 59 after rebate good price to take a cance :?

upplepop
11-11-2003, 03:44 AM
One possible explaination is that since SanDisk is so cheap, a lot of people have them and so complaints are more common.

Having said that, I will not buy another SanDisk card again. I have had two 1GB CF cards fail on me (the data got corrupted). They do have a good 5-year warranty. however. I was easily able to get both cards replaced by SanDisk. My third GB CF card has been working fine for 4 months and I've had a 256MB SD card that's been working fine for almost a year, so even my own personal experience has been varied.

buckyg
11-11-2003, 04:59 AM
I have yet to have a problem with a SanDisk card, either CF or SD. (knock on wood)

IMHO, I think upplepop may have a good explanation: They do tend to cost less, so maybe more people have them, thus more problems reported. When I visit brick and mortar stores, SanDisks do seem to be the cheapest in price and the most stocked brand. That may vary elsewhere.

Sven Johannsen
11-11-2003, 05:12 AM
The greater density of Sandisk cards may account for the greater complaint level. My personal experience of 3 out of 4 Sandisk SD cards going bad over a year has me in a position where I wouldn't use one if you gave it to me. As far as a warranty goes, I would prefer a money back one. The last thing I need after having a Sandisk card fail on me and losing my data is another one just like it. The last one I own is in a non-critical application and I figure it is just a matter of time before it too goes in the trash.

delfuhd
11-11-2003, 06:27 AM
My friend had a 128 meg SD card that he used in his e740, and that scrwed up. So he gave the card to me, and it's worked fine ever since. Zero problems. I also have a couple sandisk CF cards as well. Also no problems. And plus, my friend with the e740 got two more SanDisk memory cards for his ppc, and they're worked fine also ever since...

aroma
11-11-2003, 03:21 PM
"Can opened... worms everywere..."

There about as many answers to this question as their are posters out there. Just to add my two cents worth, I've used nothing but SanDisk SD cards (have 1 - 64MB, 2 - 128MB, 1 - 256MB) and I haven't had the first problem with any of them.

- Aaron

Candygogo
11-11-2003, 05:09 PM
I've been usig a SD 128mb secure digital card in my e740, and SO far no complaints.

*Knocking on wood now! :wink: