View Full Version : Voice Command FOR LIIIIFE!!!!!!!

rzanology
11-10-2003, 02:09 PM
First i would love to congratulate Microsoft for putting out a product that actually does what they say it does! Even though i was cursing them out in a previous post, i gave the app some breathing grounds.
THIS THING WORKS!!!! its took me a while to get use to how far or close i have to hold it, and how i have to some times alter my pronunciation to get certain thing done. But now that i have it, i don't know if i can live with out it! It launches apps very well. I find this reeeally useful because it saves me the time and energy of using the styles to pull them up.
The contacts are very well done. They fact that it needed no training is a marvel. It works about 99% of the time. Although...one of the guys at work spells his name sean, instead of shawn. So i had to pronounce it "seen" to get it to come up lol. So we now call him seen instead of shawn :).
The way this thing works with windows media is great. I can select what i want by artist or album, i can even tell it to play everything. This app is no joke people!!!!
One thing i'd like to see is...they make it where the voice command is always on, and i don't have to press a button to trigger it. I know it maybe a lot to ask for...but i think it can be done! And i didn't mind paying for it this time...but this is most defiantly something that should be included in the next version of PPC OS!!!! This was a well spent $40.

PR.
11-10-2003, 02:41 PM
I like it, I just feel like an idiot talking to it :(

Deus
11-10-2003, 04:38 PM
Does anyone have comparisons to IBM ViaVoice?

rzanology
11-10-2003, 05:02 PM
yes, i had via voice for a few months now and i never used it because i was too lazy to program it. This is why microsoft's product shines for me.

Deus
11-10-2003, 05:06 PM
How much better is the response? 100%?

rzanology
11-10-2003, 05:11 PM
when matched up against via voice im not too sure because i've only used it twice. But once you get to learn how to speak to it, voice command is almost 100% accurate!

Deus
11-10-2003, 10:39 PM
One thing I don't get is that it mentions a pause function for media player but how is it going to hear you say "pause" over the music???

rzanology
11-10-2003, 11:14 PM
you have to push the voice command button.