View Full Version : Convert Playlists (with tracks) From Desktop to PocketPC

gregcswanson
11-10-2003, 07:27 AM
I have heaps of playlists on my desktop and wanted to selectivly convert them and sync them to my PocketPC. Is there an application out there to do this?

For the meantime I have a rough VB program written that I can point to a folder of playlists, select which ones I want to convert. It will then open the playlists and tell me how much space the tracks will take up on a memory card. I then can convert the selected playlists (to another folder, I set this to my "PocketPC My Documents" folder for activesync so they auto sync to the PDA) by pressing a button. I also have another button to copy the tracks to a folder that I can then copy to the SD card.

So you can see what I am trying to do, I just want to know if there is a program out there that can save me the hassle of finishing my app properly (I cut a lot of corners) and has the ability to move the tracks straight to the Memory card.

rzanology
11-10-2003, 01:47 PM
You can use windows media player. Alot of people refuse to use media player 9...but its a great app...especialy for pocket pc users. Not only will is drag over the playlist, but the songs as well. Give it a try!

gregcswanson
11-10-2003, 10:43 PM
I'll give it a go, hopefully it will put the tracks onto a storage card rather than internal memory. Thanks.