View Full Version : Poll: Preferred Case Type & Transportation for your PPC

Jon Westfall
11-09-2003, 07:21 AM
I'm a case fanatic (mostly laptop, now extending into PPC), and I also can never fully figure out where to put my XDA / i-mate, so my question is to everyone: How do you prefer to carry / transport your PPC?

dean_shan
11-09-2003, 08:07 AM
I used to be a belt-clip person but now I am an "in case, in pocket person".

Jeff Rutledge
11-09-2003, 08:27 AM
I used to be a belt-clip person but now I am an "in case, in pocket person".

Exactly the same for me. In fact, I may buy a Vaja case for my 2215 and if I do it won't have a belt clip.

jimski
11-09-2003, 09:16 AM
No case for me. It's not the cost but the convenience. My belt is reserved for my T68i and I now have my SkyPager on my wrist. My PPC has to fit in my shirt pocket to be with me most of the time. Have not dropped one yet so that that not a problem.

And no, I have no interest in a Smartphone unless it has a minimum 3.5" screen and is no more than 4" long x 2" wide (that would be a neat trick).

My 5450 is a bit bulky, but I am hoping that the next generation iPAQ will finally have what everyone is asking for; wifi, bluetooth, 128MB, 2 slots, 3.5" minimum screen, etc.

Skoobouy
11-09-2003, 01:11 PM
In leather in pocket. I don't like Vajas because they don't do enough for my tastes. I've been most impressed with wallet-cases, especially ones that open to the side. The biggest advantage for me is that I don't look like a Federation Starfleet officer whenever I use my iPaq.

Steven Cedrone
11-09-2003, 02:14 PM
<snip>...I don't look like a Federation Starfleet officer whenever I use my iPaq.

Hey, what's wrong with that??? :wink:

For me: Vaja, no belt clip, carried in either pocket or briefcase...

Steve

Thinkingmandavid
11-09-2003, 02:59 PM
Belkin leather case on my belt :wink:
I like the accessability of my ppc, for sales logging, finances, blah blah blah :mrgreen:
When I get another laptop case I will put it in one of the pockets for traveling, other than that always by myside.

Jeff Rutledge
11-09-2003, 04:59 PM
I'm actually thinking of getting the Vaja wallet case. Anybody have one of these and want to share some comments? I'm mostly concerned with how thick it may get.

I plan to stick about 4 credit cards, a couple business cards and my cash.

disconnected
11-09-2003, 06:35 PM
Leather case, in purse. Unlike a briefcase (male or female user), my purse is always with me.

yvilla
11-09-2003, 11:48 PM
My PPC case (leather) is my purse. :D
And it has a shoulder strap. (So I couldn't vote in poll--no correct choice). Works perfectly for me.

Kati Compton
11-09-2003, 11:57 PM
Unfortunately, I still use the case that came with my Axim 8O and stick it in my purse.

Thinkingmandavid
11-10-2003, 12:56 AM
Kati, with all of the good deals that you have come by at this forum, why havent you bought a new case for your Axim? 8O
I thought about buying one of those covertec, but then Idecided the belkin was good for me :)

Mitch D
11-10-2003, 01:43 AM
I use a iProducts holster for my iPaq 3830 and the factory belt case for my Axim X3i till iProducts comes out with a holster to fit the X3i

ctmagnus
11-10-2003, 06:15 AM
Tie between leather (Piel Frama) case in pocket and hard (HP Professional case that's unavailable in Canada) case in pocket. But in the warmer season, I'll clip the case onto my hip pocket.

maximus
11-13-2003, 03:42 AM
On the office: with a DSI hardcase, hanging on my belt.
On malls: with a DSI hardcase, on my front pants pocket.