View Full Version : ACER N20 -FULL OF PROBLEMS

joshbates
11-07-2003, 11:51 PM
I purchesed a Acer N20, it has only been a mistake! It has gone back to the repairer 6 times and they have replaced it everytime but it still keeps breaking. Have people been having the same problem?

rugerx
01-18-2004, 06:03 AM
Never buy acer.
3rd world crap.

eng
07-29-2004, 11:54 AM
:? me too. the problem started few days after my purchase. the system shut itself down every few seconds. the pda was basically dsy-functional. Even after the service centre did a exchange of the mother board, the problem came back within few weeks of services. Furthermore the memory get lost easily....all efforts typing in the data was a total waste of time. After at least 4 visits to have the same pda repaired, I finally spoke to the service manager yesterday logging my complaints of not able to return a faulty device. Simply Very disappointed. I have decided to revert to paper diary.

eschelar
05-09-2005, 03:53 PM
This is pretty funny. You are saying that acer is 3rd world crap? I will admit that outside of their n10, they haven't been making good sensible devices and their pricing is out of whack, but as far as I'm concerned, it's you who made the poor choice of buying an n20 without researching to see if it was a good device or not. Most Pocket PC's are overpriced crap and it takes a bit of reading up to find out which devices are really useful and worth the money. Heck, look at the recent Asus 730w. very expensive, but the battery will give out on you in a couple of hours. Look at the recently released HP 2110 (not 2210), costs more than the n10, but with a slower processor, less available memory and the only thing it gives you is 2 year old bluetooth technology.

Acer, along with most other PPC manufacturers makes one good PPC product and a bunch of other crap. One could say the same thing about HP.

On the other hand, when you say 3rd world crap, you should remember that Acer is made in Taiwan. Taiwan is also where the company called High-Tech Computers resides. This company is the largest manufacturer of PPCs and smartphones IN THE WORLD. Just about every major PPC and smartphone is made right there, from the king of the PPC world Fujitsu Pocket LOOX 720 to Motorola smartphones and beyond. HTC has been making Compaq IPAQ's in TaoYuan, Taiwan since 2001 and in early 2003 started making hp Ipaqs too.

China made stuff is junk, because their companies are incapable of making anything without cutting corners. Taiwan on the other hand has a lot of corrupt companies, but for the most part works pretty hard on their quality.

My Acer n10 beats the crap out of anything in its price range.

My Acer C302xci is the best Tablet PC on the market. Especially considering the price.

My sister's Acer 800 series is ripping fast and very well made.

The new Acer notebook computers rock for their price. (see the 4100)

The other thing you should remember is that Acer is part of a very large and multi-branched Taiwanese company that also encompasses the lower-end BENQ and the so-called higher end ASUS.

It is notable that lately, Acer products have been outstripping ASUS products in pricing, reliability, build quality, power and user comfort big time.

Think before you lash out and bite the hand that feeds your digital dreams.

Patrick Y.
06-05-2005, 10:06 PM
I agree completely!!!!! Acer's products, in my opinion, are just great. My acer n10 is the most reliable Pocket PC you can find. Also, ALL of their products I used are very high-quality. Like eschelar said, I don't think it is right to say Acer is poor just because of n20. Even the best brand can produce some cheesy, horrible product sometimes. Maybe you should check the source of your PDA. China made stuff sucks.

NunuummyNibh
06-12-2005, 12:04 PM
My Acer N50 works just great. No problems at all.
About that comment "3rd world crap", how many of that "3rd world crap" do you have at home or at work?
Most of the technology we use comes from that place you call "3rd world" 8O

Patrick Y.
06-12-2005, 05:59 PM
Never buy acer.
3rd world crap.

It is never the 3rd world crap!!!!

Jeff Rutledge
06-13-2005, 04:15 AM
Let's get back to the Acer as the topic of conversation.

Thanks.