View Full Version : Browsing T610 files with h2215. Authorization constantly required.

Robb Bates
11-07-2003, 10:42 PM
I have a funny situation here. I have a T610 and an h2215. If I want to browse the files on my T610 phone with my PC via a BT USB, it works fine. But every time I try it with my h2215, the phone asks for approval. Not just once, but everytime I browse to another folder or download a file.

Any ideas how to set up permanent authorization or approval? Maybe this is a phone thing only, but I thought I'd ask.

Robb Bates

TECHIUM
11-19-2003, 09:14 PM
I've got the same exact hardware and I've run into the same issue. As you said, I can connect without issue to the phone via the PC without being prompted to accept the device each time. However, as soon as I attempt the same from the PPC the T610 pops up and asks for confirmation. I'll try and call S/E or T-Mobile on the issue and see what they say. Chances are it's a PPC setting that is somewhere in the reg. or some obscure option under the HP implementation of the bluetooth manager. FYI I've upgraded the 2215 with HP's latest release for bluetooth and nothing has changed on this issue.

DustyLBottoms
11-20-2003, 11:10 PM
It is an option under the BT manager

tap-hold the BT icon on the lower right hand corner of the screem

Select "BlueTooth Settigs"

tap on the "File Transfer" tab

Make sure the "Authorazation required" box in unchecked.

Happy file sharing!

(might wanna do the same under the rest of the tabs......depending on your needs)

cslaughtermd
11-21-2003, 08:25 AM
Thanks! I was having the same problem.