View Full Version : Bluetooth Update For iPAQ 2200 Series

Ed Hansberry
11-06-2003, 11:30 PM
<a href="http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/HandheldiPAQ/us/download/19650.html">http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/HandheldiPAQ/us/download/19650.html</a><br /><br />There is a softpaq for the iPAQ 2200 series. Currently, it is in English only. I presume other languages will follow shortly. Issues addressed:<br /><br />• Corrects Bluetooth (BT) Manager lockup that occurred if the device was turned OFF while the status screen or Active Connections screen was open. <br />• Corrects BT Manager lockup when trying to add or remove connections in the PAN Manager. <br />• Corrects issue where BT would not start when the device was turned ON and attempted to connect to ActiveSync. <br />• Corrects BT File Explorer lockup after access was denied from an FTP connection through Ericsson T610 phone. <br />• Corrects system lockup when disconnecting a PAN connection via the incoming connection icon. <br />• Corrects the issue where contacts lost the name fields when multiple duplicate contacts were received on a separate OPP connection. <br />• Corrects the 'Yes to All' functionality in the overwrite screen that appears when receiving a contact from a remote device.<br />• Enhanced help files<br /><br />I <i><b>think</b></i> this is a RAM update, not ROM. According to the ActiveSync manager, it was going to take up 2.2MB of RAM, so I passed since I am not affected by any of the above issues. If anyone can confirm that it really does a ROM install post in the thread. Usually ROM installs though are just CAB files you tap on and it stresses that the device must be plugged in during the update. The instructions mention none of this.

Don Tolson
11-06-2003, 11:41 PM
The update shows up in Start/Settings/Remove Programs, so my suspicion is that you're right -- it's a RAM upgrade. I was even able to update using a bluetooth Activesync connection!

I didn't have any of the issues listed, but I always like to have the latest and greatest installed, just in case there's some new feature they didn't specifically mention.

Anthony Caruana
11-06-2003, 11:44 PM
Definitely in RAM - I can tell by the loss of free space :-(

rzanology
11-07-2003, 12:02 AM
ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!! after spending hours ont he phone trying to lie about it and tell me there was no issues with the 2215 and bluetooth they release an update. I should slap them aaaaall!!!! :twisted:

Janak Parekh
11-07-2003, 12:06 AM
after spending hours ont he phone trying to lie about it and tell me there was no issues with the 2215 and bluetooth
The support folks are not "lying", you know. They have a database for this stuff. Not all of them are hardcore 2215 users. HP has flaky support at times, but I wouldn't call them liars.

--janak

dh
11-07-2003, 12:15 AM
ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!! after spending hours ont he phone trying to lie about it and tell me there was no issues with the 2215 and bluetooth they release an update. I should slap them aaaaall!!!! :twisted:
Trouble is that it seems to be an update that uses precious RAM you have paid for.

JonnoB
11-07-2003, 12:47 AM
Trouble is that it seems to be an update that uses precious RAM you have paid for.

True, now the reported memory available is no longer true. Well it is if you want a partially working BT implementation. I look at this as more of a short-term patch until the next EUU gets released... and it better be included when it is !!!

hang5lngbd
11-07-2003, 12:50 AM
the link doesn't work for me

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/handheldiPAQ/us/download/19360.html

has the download though

Ed Hansberry
11-07-2003, 12:53 AM

has the download though
Link works. Just verifed it. Your link is to a specific Portuguese language issue in the bluetooth software and doesn't fix any of the problems in this post.

JustinGTP
11-07-2003, 02:38 AM
So Ed, the Ram is the what memory on the 2215? The 64mb or the 32mb? Im not too sure on this one, but I know what they both stand for (ram, rom)

Should I install it? I havent had any problems with it

-Justin.

Ed Hansberry
11-07-2003, 03:38 AM
So Ed, the Ram is the what memory on the 2215? The 64mb or the 32mb? Im not too sure on this one, but I know what they both stand for (ram, rom)

Should I install it? I havent had any problems with it

-Justin.
The 2215 has 64MB of RAM but only 57MB or so is user accessible. I am skipping this one until I either have a problem this solves or the next ROM update includes it. 2MB for me to just say I have the latest greatest code doesn't do much for me. :D

Brad Adrian
11-07-2003, 03:57 AM
I'm not a hardcore Bluetooth user, although I use it a lot to connect to the Net with my T68i. So, just how prevalent are the problem that this fixes? I've not really had issues with my Bluetooth connections.

MichaelA
11-07-2003, 04:00 AM
No wonder people have complained about BT problems -- from that list of fixes it sounds like the iPaq software was riddled with bugs! I suppose that should come as no surprise since the rubber grips fall off and the standby battery life is apparently poor.

I'm glad I've never bought an iPaq! :?

JustinGTP
11-07-2003, 05:38 AM
No wonder people have complained about BT problems -- from that list of fixes it sounds like the iPaq software was riddled with bugs! I suppose that should come as no surprise since the rubber grips fall off and the standby battery life is apparently poor.

I'm glad I've never bought an iPaq! :?

Its not an iPAQ problem persay, its a Bluetooth problem. Also, the standby battery is not poor from my experience, and my grips have stayed on now for a long long time.

You must be getting the news from the wrong end of the stick my friend!

-Justin.

juni
11-07-2003, 06:37 AM
No wonder people have complained about BT problems -- from that list of fixes it sounds like the iPaq software was riddled with bugs!

Well, as someone who used BT a lot with the Loox and then moved to the 2210 I can just say: It is 5 times faster, setting it up was very very much easier than on the Loox. It is much easier to use (Loox plugfree is a horrible software). So, I hadn't actually noticed any of the problems listed, but I'm sure I'll upgrade anyway just to have the latest fixes. :)

beedee
11-07-2003, 06:39 AM
Does anyone know if this update also fixes the problem of the ipaq draining the battery when left outside the craddle overnight? This happens VERY frequently to my 2210 - when I try to start it after some time off, it would not start unless I soft-reset. If it was left off for just some time, I see the charge-indicator went much lower, althought the device was supposed to be turned off. If this happens overnigt, the battery is close to empty next morning. Some trace this to a bluetooth-problem and urged to turn off bluetooth before turning off the ipaq (i tried this and my feeling is that this problem occurs less frequently with bluetooth off - but less frequent means it still happens).

popabawa
11-07-2003, 09:56 AM
Well, as someone who used BT a lot with the Loox and then moved to the 2210 I can just say: It is 5 times faster, setting it up was very very much easier than on the Loox. It is much easier to use (Loox plugfree is a horrible software).

You've hit the nail on the head there! I moved from the Loox to the iPAQ 3870 because of the BT issues on the Loox. The 3870 was a dream in comparison!

Just upgraded to a 2210 and wow, it's another leap forward for BT but I think that's due to the 2003 OS.

Iain.

Rudolf
11-07-2003, 10:33 AM
Just upgraded to a 2210 and wow, it's another leap forward for BT but I think that's due to the 2003 OS.

Actually the 2210 does not use any of the bluetooth drivers provided by the 2003 OS. It has it's own 3rd party BT stack. Still it's much improved version...

sheik
11-07-2003, 11:12 AM
Does anyone know if this update also fixes the problem of the ipaq draining the battery when left outside the craddle overnight?&lt;snip>...

It sounds like you have a faulty battery. Luckily your Ipaq has a replaceable one so I would strongly recommend you try a new cell.
My 2210 lasts for days with negligible battery dissipation - it also charges really quickly so a 15 minute charge every day or so is often enough to last me most of the week.

It is not acceptable for any modern Pocket PC to have significant battery drain after a night of being off the charger. The last unit I had that suffered from this was six years ago (an old monochrome Cassiopeia :) )

One thing that *might* be a factor is your power settings. Have you checked the slider which allows you to sacrifice battery life for standby time? Mine is set to 72 hours standby - it is possible yours is wound down to 24 hours (although I still maintain that it shouldn't drain down overnight).

Some trace this to a bluetooth-problem...&lt;snip>

My bluetooth is always on. Provided it isn't being used I don't even notice the additional battery drain.

I hope this helps, like I say, it is a Very Good Thing that the Ipaq has a removable battery.

/\dam

MikeUnwired
11-07-2003, 01:13 PM
Just a thought...

I didn't track the actual KBs used before and after I installed this Softpaq, but it seems to me that a number of the installed files were replacing files already on the unit -- so I don't actually think it takes up 2+ MB of unit memory when it's all said and done. I think you need free memory to install the update -- to hold the CAB file and such -- but it doesn't actually use all that space permanently.

Ed Hansberry
11-07-2003, 01:18 PM
Just a thought...

I didn't track the actual KBs used before and after I installed this Softpaq, but it seems to me that a number of the installed files were replacing files already on the unit -- so I don't actually think it takes up 2+ MB of unit memory when it's all said and done. I think you need free memory to install the update -- to hold the CAB file and such -- but it doesn't actually use all that space permanently.
Those files were in ROM. You now have all of those files shadowed in RAM. If you were to delete the files, the older ROM files would be put back into service. This is how all RAM based fixes work, and why ROM based EUU updates are so cool. They actually replace the ROM image so zero bytes of RAM are used.

Anthony Caruana
11-07-2003, 01:29 PM
Just a thought...

I checked my kbs free before and after and it definitely used up the sapce, What it does is "overwrite" files that are in the ROM.

If you create a file in the same folder with the same name as a ROM file it will be stored in RAM and used by the PPC in place of the ROM based file.

So, for example, sol.exe (Solitaire) resides in ROm. If you create a file called sol.exe and store it in RAM in the /Windows folder it will execute in place of the original sol.exe.

Hope that makes sense

beedee
11-07-2003, 01:31 PM
[quote=beedee]It sounds like you have a faulty battery. &lt;snip>...

I don't think this is due to a faulty battery as this kind of power-drain only occurs when the ipaq can not be powered on through the power button but needs to be powered on by a soft-reset (must have hung-up somehow during the time between turning it off and trying to turn it on again) . If I can turn the ipaq on with the power button after a longer period off the craddle, there is no noticable power drain.

Ed Hansberry
11-07-2003, 01:42 PM
It sounds like you have a faulty battery. &lt;snip>...I don't think this is due to a faulty battery as this kind of power-drain only occurs when the ipaq can not be powered on through the power button but needs to be powered on by a soft-reset (must have hung-up somehow during the time between turning it off and trying to turn it on again) . If I can turn the ipaq on with the power button after a longer period off the craddle, there is no noticable power drain.
This is a known problem that can becaused by either Stowaway keyboard drivers prior to version 2 or Calligrapher 6.x series. What happens is the screen powers off but the device never enters standby, so it consumes power at least as rapidly as when it is on. I think the processor kicks into high gear (attempting to shut down and gets in a loop?) sucking battery life too. Leave your device alone for a few hrs and it will be very low and very warm.

I've never heard of BT problems causing this. I'd bet money you have one of the two apps I mentioned or another app that causes the same issue I don't know about. Possibly another SIP since Stowaway and Calligrapher both hook into the SIP panel. I know for a fact FITALY doesn't cause it, and Stowaway 2.0/Calligrapher 7 (still in beta?) don't either.

dequardo
11-07-2003, 02:10 PM
Why not simply install the large update into File Storage or a Card?

Am I missing something?

Ed Hansberry
11-07-2003, 02:20 PM
Why not simply install the large update into File Storage or a Card?

Am I missing something?
You can try that but I think someone earlier said it needed to go in RAM. First, drivers are usually not a good idea on storage cards. If the driver is needed before the card is initialized, the driver may not load or the device may hang. Second, since much of this goes in \Windows anyway, it doesn't matter where you tell it to put the \Program Files data, \Windows data goes into RAM.

iPAUL
11-07-2003, 02:57 PM
Egad... after half an hour trying to apply this update, I was ready to give up. The installer would lock up my iPAQ while trying to copy the files over ActiveSync. Nothing but a soft reset would unlock the device.

Thats when I found out that you had to have Bluetooth turned ON on the device before installing :roll:

do I feel dumb.

Anyways, I hope this msg saves somebody a headache :lol:

draiken
11-07-2003, 03:09 PM
I can't access the HP FTP site, (firewall at work) is there any other source? HTTP or something else?

beedee
11-07-2003, 03:27 PM
This is a known problem that can becaused by either Stowaway keyboard drivers prior to version 2 or Calligrapher 6.x series. I'd bet money you have one of the two apps I mentioned or another app that causes the same issue I don't know about.

Yup, got it right! Calligrapher 6.5 installed. I don't use the Stowaway keyboard though, but the original Compaq with latest driver 3.03 installed. Are the Calligrapher guys aware of the problem? You mention Calligrapher 7.0 still in beta. Would be great to try this beta to see if things get solved (can't be without Calligrapher for speedy entry!)

Ed Hansberry
11-07-2003, 03:35 PM
Yup, got it right! Calligrapher 6.5 installed. I don't use the Stowaway keyboard though, but the original Compaq with latest driver 3.03 installed. Are the Calligrapher guys aware of the problem? You mention Calligrapher 7.0 still in beta. Would be great to try this beta to see if things get solved (can't be without Calligrapher for speedy entry!)
Yes, which is why I think that the C7 beta is open, though I don't see it on their download page. Perhaps you should email them. :)

dh
11-07-2003, 03:39 PM
Yes, which is why I think that the C7 beta is open, though I don't see it on their download page. Perhaps you should email them. :)

The site for the Beta of version 7 is www.calligrapher.net

Jason Lee
11-07-2003, 05:12 PM
This is a known problem that can becaused by either Stowaway keyboard drivers prior to version 2 or Calligrapher 6.x series. I'd bet money you have one of the two apps I mentioned or another app that causes the same issue I don't know about.

I have this problem with my 2215 and don't have Calligrapher or Stowaway drivers installed. It did it fresh out of the box. I have had 3 all of which had the problem.
It happens EVERY time I sync. I sync, remove the device from the cradle and power it off. It will NOT power back on until I soft reset. If left that way for very long it will drain the battery. The funny thing is that if i connect to activesync at work, where I do not have a partnership (i just cancel out ever time), to install a program or copy data it does not hang. Only when I sync data through a partnership, it hangs every time. It also happens randomly. I never know when I turn it off if it will come back on... really stinks. Especially if I taking notes or something and lose everything on the soft reset... :(

However I have found a solution that has worked for me. In my quest to get my alarms to go of in the morning (alarms/notifications worked fine exept for the first one of the day, just like my old 3800) I stumbled across the "resuming" state. This is the state the device goes into when something in the notifications database goes off. It partially powers up the device to see if it needs to wake all the way up or go back to sleep. This is the mode I believe it is getting stuck in. The default time alloted for this process is 15 seconds. I edited this in the registry and changed it to 30 seconds and have not had a lockup one and the alarm has gone off every morning since. I changed it back one day thinking this was not what fixed the problem and wouldn't you know it... it locked up a bit later. So i set it back to 30 seconds. It does not fix my active sync lockups though so i still have to reboot after syncing.

The regestry key is "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts"
You want to change "ACResumingSuspendTimeout" and "BattResumingSuspendTimeout" from 15 to 30 or even 60.

This fixed all my lockup problems and alarm/notification issues.

On a side note i also discovered that if you have and imap or pop mail connection setup in inbox and have it set to check mail every "x" minutes the device actually does this EVERY "x" minutes. It puts an entry into the notifications database to run connection manager every "x" minutes. The device enters resuming mode and tries to connect inbox to check your mail. I always make sure I end the tmail.exe after syncing which runs it also, if your imap or pop connection is selected and not the activesync folders. This may have been why mine was locking up soooo much, getting stuck in resume mode every 5 minutes... :(
This if very cool info for the PPCphone edition users. if the same holds true for them the device would enter resuming mode and check for new email... if new email was found the device should wake up and do the standard you have new mail notification!!

Sorry for getting off topic there...
I don't use bluetooth a lot and i haven't experianced any problems so i am gonna wait on this update... Until i have a problem. ;)

jher
11-07-2003, 05:51 PM
Looks like the link is broke. This one seems to work though:

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/HandheldiPAQ/us/download/19650.html

has the download though
Link works. Just verifed it. Your link is to a specific Portuguese language issue in the bluetooth software and doesn't fix any of the problems in this post.

draiken
11-07-2003, 06:02 PM
Can anyone e-mail me the file?

PM me for address

TXS

PeteTh
11-07-2003, 11:11 PM
I checked my memory and can confirm this update took up about 250-300K approx.

edwardl
11-10-2003, 02:37 AM
I checked my memory and can confirm this update took up about 250-300K approx.

It seems strange that some said the update uses about 2MB RAM 8O . Has anyone else tried the update? Please advise the amount of memory used too... I am thinking of updating it but concern on the memory used.

Thanks!!

Janak Parekh
11-10-2003, 04:12 AM
It seems strange that some said the update uses about 2MB RAM 8O .
It's possible that part of it is just temporary memory for the installer files, and that it cleans itself up after the update is done. I don't have a 2215, so I can't say for certain.

--janak

Ed Hansberry
11-10-2003, 02:06 PM
It seems strange that some said the update uses about 2MB RAM 8O .
It's possible that part of it is just temporary memory for the installer files, and that it cleans itself up after the update is done. I don't have a 2215, so I can't say for certain.
I ran the installer to the point where AS asks where do you want to install it so I could see the RAM requirements. It stated 2.2MB. I pressed cancel at that point.

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/images/hansberry/2003/20031110-btdriversize.gif

dequardo
11-10-2003, 03:19 PM
Took 2.04MB on my device.
1.4MB in Storage memory and .63MB in Program Memory

torgamm
11-10-2003, 04:11 PM
Just FYI, I ran SSnap (http://www.geocities.com/s_k_s_k_s_kru/util.html#ss) before and after I installed it. The differences between the two files are as follows.

added:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apps\HP h2200 BT Driver Update Build 58]
"Instl"=dword:00000001
"IsvFile"="\\Windows\\AppMgr\\HP h2200 BT Driver Update Build 58.DLL"
"CmdFile"="\\Windows\\AppMgr\\HP h2200 BT Driver Update Build 58.DAT"
"CabFile"="\\Windows\\AppMgr\\Install\\HP h2200 BT Driver Update Build 58.CAB"
"InstlDirCnt"=dword:00000000
"InstallDir"="\\Windows"
"InstlDir"="\\Windows"

07/11/2003 16:55 2426 0CFAA37B HP h2200 BT Driver Update Build 58.unload
13/09/2003 16:02 32256 FA808A7D wbtapiCE.dll
02/04/2002 16:12 678 36AE498C vcard.2bp
01/05/2002 15:09 774 F23CBD97 Stop_icon.2bp
02/04/2002 16:12 274 E45B614B Signal_Strength_Yellow.2bp
02/04/2002 16:12 154 3324B820 Signal_Strength_RED.2bp
02/04/2002 16:12 394 4041E260 Signal_Strength_Green.2bp
13/09/2003 16:05 267264 365BDB59 SdkCE.dll
01/05/2002 15:09 774 7FF0527B Refresh_icon.2bp
02/04/2002 16:12 450 6CE2469E Red_Bul.2bp
22/04/2003 11:31 574 71F740D2 NewCard.2bp
22/04/2003 11:31 3126 11DAEA33 Icon_Work.2bp
22/04/2003 11:31 2334 437D3B0B Icon_Ntwk_Card.2bp
24/04/2003 09:19 694 1860294D Icon_Init.2bp
22/04/2003 11:31 3126 89FF10A7 Icon_Connect_Internet.2bp
22/04/2003 11:31 2630 9FF9E7F6 Icon_Connect.2bp
02/04/2002 16:12 678 C1E75394 Folder icon.2bp
02/04/2002 16:12 758 F4FF49F2 Edit profile icon.2bp
13/09/2003 16:15 31232 7222E0C1 BTWizardCE.exe
24/04/2003 10:24 42286 603E3FB0 btwcehlp.htm
13/09/2003 16:16 138240 E45F1F0B BTTrayCE.exe
13/09/2003 16:14 20992 883A28D4 BTPanManagerCE.exe
13/09/2003 16:14 147456 0B6AA285 BTFileExplorer.exe
13/09/2003 16:14 40960 68F18F74 BTDialer.dll
13/09/2003 16:13 212992 FB00CD33 BTConnManagerCE.exe
13/09/2003 16:13 169984 465AE144 BTConfigCE.cpl
13/09/2003 16:02 142336 1272F9CD BTChooserLib.dll
13/09/2003 16:13 193536 20C2767E BtCeStack.dll
13/09/2003 16:11 94720 BBE2735C BtCeSendTo_Poom.dll
13/09/2003 16:11 346112 7332046E BtCeProfiles.dll
13/09/2003 16:06 51200 FA6CF2AE btcepan.dll
13/09/2003 16:06 129024 E98C2D56 BTCeOsif4.dll
13/09/2003 16:05 76288 CE31F134 BtCeIf.dll
13/09/2003 16:02 23552 B38089FD BtCeBCSPTrans.dll
13/09/2003 16:05 120320 B6D9BE5A BTBusinessCard.exe
01/05/2002 15:09 614 8E871B67 BT_PhoneDialer.2bp
02/04/2002 16:12 886 A24AB646 BT_icon_Gray.2bp
02/04/2002 16:12 834 08F12821 BT_icon_Blue.2bp
01/05/2002 15:09 714 782B7236 BT_Globe_icon.2bp
01/05/2002 15:09 726 D1654661 BT BizCard icon.2bp
02/04/2002 16:12 450 1BF69766 Blu_Bul.2bp
22/04/2003 11:31 2030 68D4A28E Win_Start.2bp

deleted:

13/05/2003 10:14 R 120320 C2B10C8A BTBusinessCard.exe
13/05/2003 10:24 R 146944 6C93CEC8 BTFileExplorer.exe
13/05/2003 10:23 R 209920 F72F89CF BTConnManagerCE.exe
13/05/2003 10:25 R 20992 34134779 BTPanManagerCE.exe
13/05/2003 10:26 R 134656 2DC675ED BTTrayCE.exe
13/05/2003 10:25 R 31232 1C95B3D2 BTWizardCE.exe
13/05/2003 10:11 R 23552 EFD4FBB8 BtCeBCSPTrans.dll
13/05/2003 10:15 R 74752 C9C6B7CF BtCeIf.dll
13/05/2003 10:15 R 129024 93C0A786 BTCeOsif4.dll
13/05/2003 10:16 R 51200 AA5DB0AA btcepan.dll
13/05/2003 10:21 R 346624 D0AFADC2 BtCeProfiles.dll
13/05/2003 10:21 R 94720 23D5AB3B BtCeSendTo_Poom.dll
13/05/2003 10:22 R 193024 1BF00109 BtCeStack.dll
13/05/2003 10:11 R 142336 17CBE486 BTChooserLib.dll
13/05/2003 10:23 R 169984 AB4BAA35 BTConfigCE.cpl
13/05/2003 10:24 R 40960 8A619EEF BTDialer.dll

13/05/2003 10:11 R 32256 DB51317B wbtapiCE.dll
02/04/2002 08:12 R 450 1BF69766 Blu_Bul.2bp
01/05/2002 07:09 R 726 D1654661 BT BizCard icon.2bp
05/03/2003 10:03 R 35985 07EA00FD btwcehlp.htm
01/05/2002 07:09 R 714 782B7236 BT_Globe_icon.2bp
02/04/2002 08:12 R 834 08F12821 BT_icon_Blue.2bp
02/04/2002 08:12 R 886 A24AB646 BT_icon_Gray.2bp
01/05/2002 07:09 R 614 8E871B67 BT_PhoneDialer.2bp
02/04/2002 08:12 R 758 F4FF49F2 Edit profile icon.2bp
02/04/2002 08:12 R 678 C1E75394 Folder icon.2bp
02/04/2002 08:12 R 450 6CE2469E Red_Bul.2bp
01/05/2002 07:09 R 774 7FF0527B Refresh_icon.2bp
02/04/2002 08:12 R 394 4041E260 Signal_Strength_Green.2bp
02/04/2002 08:12 R 154 3324B820 Signal_Strength_RED.2bp
02/04/2002 08:12 R 274 E45B614B Signal_Strength_Yellow.2bp
01/05/2002 07:09 R 774 F23CBD97 Stop_icon.2bp
02/04/2002 08:12 R 678 36AE498C vcard.2bp

changed

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Widcomm\Version]
"Software"="1.4.1.04"

replaced by:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Widcomm\Version]
"Software"="1.4.1.58"

Mark_Venture
11-13-2003, 03:45 AM
Took 2.04MB on my device.
1.4MB in Storage memory and .63MB in Program Memory
Nearly the same for me... 1.4M Storage, .8MB Program for total of 2.2MB

So, it seems... Load the Bluetooth update (2.2MB), THe MS Reader update (2+MB), and MSN Messenger update (400K)... Thats about 5MB of the 57MB usable on my 2215 taken up by updates. Doesn't sound like much, but considering I have seen Program mem drop from 18.5MB free to 6.5MB free when PIE is runing... every little bit helps if I want to have multipe things running.

How often does HP come out with updates for the ROM so these fixes don't have to be loaded into RAM?

whitlock
11-21-2003, 09:27 PM
Thats when I found out that you had to have Bluetooth turned ON on the device before installing :roll:

Anyways, I hope this msg saves somebody a headache :lol:

Thanks!

dequardo
11-21-2003, 09:30 PM
[quote=iPAUL]Thats when I found out that you had to have Bluetooth turned ON on the device before installing :roll:

Thanks!

What difference does that make?