View Full Version : Can the current pocket pc do what this could do?

PoweriPaq
11-06-2003, 11:08 PM
http://www.tapwave.com

It has 480x320 resolution, ARM9 Processor, with 2D and 3D ATI graphic, and 128mb for the top of the line.

My question is, could the current ppc have this good graphic with the lack of graphic power?

I thought the games looks pretty good and the device is impressive enough not to just play games, but also video in MPEG1, MPEG4, Quicktime and Avi. Among other things.

The reason I asked was that, my co-worker was impressed by the graphics, and I was trying to show her my iPaq could do the same. She wasn't too impressed by it. I showed Athelion Trial, and I thought it was good for what it was.

Darius Wey
11-07-2003, 07:31 AM
If you ask me, I reckon it looks too much like those old Sega gaming thingos (I forgot their name).

Fishie
11-07-2003, 10:46 AM
If you ask me, I reckon it looks too much like those old Sega gaming thingos (I forgot their name).

You mean the GameGear

ghl
11-07-2003, 05:24 PM
one word. TOMB-RAIDER-TO-GO (¬_¬ looks around... YES IT IS one word :P)

Thinkingmandavid
11-07-2003, 05:53 PM
The zodiac is geared to games, so that is the big difference. It is running the palm, oh excuse me, palm one :roll: os.
I can see why she would like it over the ipaq, in her mind it is primary gaming and still has the pim functions as 'back up'.

PoweriPaq
11-07-2003, 06:41 PM
Yea, she has the Tungsten, but I wouldn't want to get a gameboy that expensive. That's ridicilous if you're just gonna play games on it. Even on my iPaq, I rarely use the hardware buttons for games, I use the stylus. It's not really that great for games, I would prefer gameboy and just throw it around since they're so cheap.

townsendtribe
11-08-2003, 06:29 AM
It does look a lot like a game gear... I don't see something like this being taken too seriously in the market.

delfuhd
11-08-2003, 03:26 PM
It does look a lot like a game gear... I don't see something like this being taken too seriously in the market.

I agree, most people who even have the money to purchase this will probably be to old to care that much about it's gaming capabilities, because it doesn't have that much other functionality.

Janak Parekh
11-08-2003, 09:16 PM
I agree, most people who even have the money to purchase this will probably be to old to care that much about it's gaming capabilities, because it doesn't have that much other functionality.
Actually, I think it's too early to say this. The Zodiac doubles as a top-of-the-line PalmOS device. And from the early reports I hear, the performance is fantastic. I'm not giving up my Pocket PC, but I could see this carve a very decent niche.

--janak